Stuck in a rut

Old September 26th 03, 04:25 PM
G P Thibault

Default Stuck in a rut

Help!!!
My weight loss has been going great... up to 3 weeks ago, not a budge on
the scale in 3 weeks.
I'm 32, 6'0" and currently 235, down 30 pounds from 265. I try to
consume between 2000-2500 calories, never any more than that and below is my
routine, usually 3 days on 1 off.

20 minutes stationary bike (heart rate 150+)
Hammer curls, 30 pounds per arm x 12 reps each arm - 3 sets
Arm extensions, 80 pounds x 12 reps - 3 sets
Vertical chest press, 135 pounds x 12 reps - 3 sets
Seated row, 135 pounds x 12 reps - 3 sets
Butterflies, 60 pounds x 12 reps - 3 sets
Dumbbells curls, 30 pounds x 12 reps - 3 sets
14 minutes rowing machine
Hammer curls, 30 pounds per arm x 12 reps each arm - 3 sets
Butterflies, 60 pounds x 12 reps - 3 sets
20 minutes stationary bike (heart rate 150+)

Any help would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old September 26th 03, 05:11 PM
Donovan Rebbechi

In article , G P Thibault wrote:
Help!!!
My weight loss has been going great... up to 3 weeks ago, not a budge on
the scale in 3 weeks.
I'm 32, 6'0" and currently 235, down 30 pounds from 265. I try to
consume between 2000-2500 calories, never any more than that and below is my
routine, usually 3 days on 1 off.

You posted previously, with a similar workout plan, and were given a lot of
good advice. May I suggest you re-read that thread before reposting the same
question ?

Any help would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can lead a horse to water ...

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

Old September 26th 03, 05:52 PM
G P Thibault

Less than 2000 calories a day? By most calculations I've done I should
be getting something like 3500 calories a day to maintain and even more on
the days I'm working out.

Old September 26th 03, 06:07 PM
buddhabellybum

"G P Thibault" wrote in message
Help!!!
My weight loss has been going great... up to 3 weeks ago, not a budge

on
the scale in 3 weeks.

**** the scale, get your body fat percentage tested. you might be losing
fat, but you're gaining muscle. so your weight my stay the same when this
happens. this is not a bad thing.

I'm 32, 6'0" and currently 235, down 30 pounds from 265. I try to
consume between 2000-2500 calories, never any more than that and below is

my
routine, usually 3 days on 1 off.

20 minutes stationary bike (heart rate 150+)
Hammer curls, 30 pounds per arm x 12 reps each arm - 3 sets
Arm extensions, 80 pounds x 12 reps - 3 sets
Vertical chest press, 135 pounds x 12 reps - 3 sets
Seated row, 135 pounds x 12 reps - 3 sets
Butterflies, 60 pounds x 12 reps - 3 sets
Dumbbells curls, 30 pounds x 12 reps - 3 sets
14 minutes rowing machine
Hammer curls, 30 pounds per arm x 12 reps each arm - 3 sets
Butterflies, 60 pounds x 12 reps - 3 sets
20 minutes stationary bike (heart rate 150+)

you are going up in weight right?

Any help would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old September 26th 03, 06:48 PM
Bob Garrison

"G P Thibault" wrote in message
Less than 2000 calories a day? By most calculations I've done I should
be getting something like 3500 calories a day to maintain and even more on
the days I'm working out.

Whatever number of calories *you think* you're consuming it's too much if
you have stopped losing weight.

Old September 26th 03, 09:51 PM
Steve Freides

How about giving the larger muscles in your body - glutes, legs - some
exercise with weights? Deadlifts, squats?

Also plan on varying your workouts - gradually increase weight for 4-6
weeks then take a few days off or on reduced volume before starting out
light and working up again. This will help you continue to make
progress.

Also consider shortening your sets and doing more of them, e.g., 6 sets
of 6 reps instead of 3 sets of 12 reps, and use heavier weights.

Also bag the 20 minutes of cardio before weights - do 5 or 10 minutes if
you must but no more, and if you feel like doing 30 minutes afterwards,
that's fine.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old September 26th 03, 10:01 PM
sigismundo

[...]

Sounds like your weight loss is coming along. I would add basic
compound exercies e.g. bench, squat, deadlift and drop some of more
isolation movements. Good luck
Old September 26th 03, 10:08 PM
ignorcrew

[...]

It all comes down to you having to eat less. Whether you are
miscalculating what you consume or your metabolism is being low in
general, the 3 week old failure to lose fat plainly comes down to you
eating too much.

Caloric deficit brings weight loss. No deficit, no loss. Just make
sure you get enough protein (about 200g/day for you). Your weight
routine, while unimpressive, should not be an issue, though you could
probably produce better muscle sparing effect with a better selection
of exercises.
Old September 30th 03, 11:58 AM
Geezer From The Freezer

If you are doing lots of weights then you may be putting
on muscle. You fat loss may still be occuring.

You need to get your body fat measured and keep an eye on
this if you are also doing weights.

stuck in a rut jason Aerobic 3 May 21st 04 07:17 PM
Help!!!Absoluteley No progress!!! Blue Weights 49 December 29th 03 12:59 AM
Stuck in a rut G P Thibault Aerobic 18 October 3rd 03 05:28 AM
Stuck in a rut G P Thibault Weights 18 October 3rd 03 05:28 AM
4th child is stuck in my belly, and making me strong as a horse skb Weights 2 August 7th 03 01:47 AM