Getting old in the gym

Old November 5th 07, 08:49 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Burr

Default Getting old in the gym

Getting old,

Big workout in the gym today, pushed a lot of weight and felt
good about my self. While wiping sweat and cooling down I found myself
sitting with three other old men and we started talking about blood
pressure, cholesterol and hemorrhoids.

We also talked about the medicines we were taking, when and how
much. We were enjoying our friendship and about ready to pull out pictures
of the grand children when I looked over at a group of young men (about 20
years old) who were talking about pussy, how many times they could go every
night and what a great body they were building.

I started laughing and remembering the "old days' and the times
I had set on a benching trying to out lie the other guys about my
accomplishments. I reminded the other old men about us sitting there talking
about our ills while the "kids" were like we use to be.

Hell, I'm not getting older, I'm getting better. Sure enjoy a
house with no children in it; two little dogs are all we need.

Burr

Enjoying old age.

Old November 5th 07, 09:39 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"Burr" wrote in message
[...]

Good post Burr. You know when we were younger, according to the research we
would think about sex once every 11 seconds. Now it is around once every 15
secs. Slowing down for sure.
I think its all about health. If you have your health you've got it all. And
hanging out in the gym is a great way to preserve it.

Burr

Enjoying old age.

Old November 5th 07, 11:00 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Charles

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 19:39:30 +1000, "David"
wrote:

"Burr" wrote in message
[...]

Of course "thinking" about sex at the rate you claim, can only ever
result in a state of permanent non pathological priapism, and can
never be as satisfactory as actually engaging in the sexual activity
it constantly evokes in the mind!

With due regard to my advancing years, I have reduced my own daily
involvement in the physical act of sexual intercourse, to about three
or four times a day. As a consequence I rarely, if ever, find a need
to "think" about it.

I do find a clandestine matinee performance with the wives of various
acquaintances, ensures a romantic element in my libidinous liaisons,
and keeps the average up to its present healthy level.

Ugh! It's Monday! ;o(
Old November 5th 07, 11:32 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Burr

"Charles"

Of course "thinking" about sex at the rate you claim, can only ever
result in a state of permanent non pathological priapism, and can
never be as satisfactory as actually engaging in the sexual activity
it constantly evokes in the mind!

With due regard to my advancing years, I have reduced my own daily
involvement in the physical act of sexual intercourse, to about three
or four times a day. As a consequence I rarely, if ever, find a need
to "think" about it.

I do find a clandestine matinee performance with the wives of various
acquaintances, ensures a romantic element in my libidinous liaisons,
and keeps the average up to its present healthy level.

Ugh! It's Monday! ;o(

First liar doesn't have a chance!

Burr

Old November 5th 07, 11:56 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Andrzej Rosa

Dnia Mon, 05 Nov 2007 o 12:32 GMT Burr napisał(a):

"Charles"

Of course "thinking" about sex at the rate you claim, can only ever
result in a state of permanent non pathological priapism, and can
never be as satisfactory as actually engaging in the sexual activity
it constantly evokes in the mind!

With due regard to my advancing years, I have reduced my own daily
involvement in the physical act of sexual intercourse, to about three
or four times a day. As a consequence I rarely, if ever, find a need
to "think" about it.

I do find a clandestine matinee performance with the wives of various
acquaintances, ensures a romantic element in my libidinous liaisons,
and keeps the average up to its present healthy level.

Ugh! It's Monday! ;o(

First liar doesn't have a chance!

What do you mean? It is Monday, indeed. At least in GMT.

--
Andrzej Rosa 1127R
Old November 5th 07, 05:55 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

wrote:

"Burr" wrote in message
[...]

it depends mostly on your partner - of course some people would prefer
priapism if sheep were the alternative. But in our case of course it is part
of our culture. They say that if an aussie denies having sex with a sheep
occasionally he is either lying or missing out

With due regard to my advancing years, I have reduced my own daily
involvement in the physical act of sexual intercourse, to about three
or four times a day. As a consequence I rarely, if ever, find a need
to "think" about it.

the 'physical' act of sexual intercourse? I do admit if I could achieve 3 or
4 times a day they might have to carry me out in a stretcher - of course I
would have a very big smile on my face (so would the sheep of course, my
beloved Penelope)

I do find a clandestine matinee performance with the wives of various
acquaintances, ensures a romantic element in my libidinous liaisons,
and keeps the average up to its present healthy level.

I these wives measure up to my Penelope, you would be a very lucky man!

Ugh! It's Monday! ;o(

Old November 5th 07, 11:37 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Burr

"David"

I these wives measure up to my Penelope, you would be a very lucky man!

Ugh! It's Monday! ;o(

Hey you, I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM PENELOPE!!!!!!!

You go with that floozy Molly, she's your type.

Big boots Burr

Old November 6th 07, 12:59 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Curt

On Nov 5, 3:49 am, "Burr" wrote:
-=snip a great post=-

Enjoying old age.

Hey, a toast to that, Burr!

~clink!~

Here's to old age. Many, unfortunately, never make it to 20 much less
30, 40, and beyond.

I enjoyed the read. Keep 'em coming.

Charles, did you survive Monday? ) I trust that you did.

--
Curt

Old November 6th 07, 01:46 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"Burr" wrote in message

"David"

I these wives measure up to my Penelope, you would be a very lucky man!

Ugh! It's Monday! ;o(

Hey you, I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM PENELOPE!!!!!!!

You go with that floozy Molly, she's your type.

Yeah . . . don't mind Molly . . . it's just . . .. (this is awkward . . .)
but Penny does better 'foreplay'

Big boots Burr

Old November 6th 07, 05:26 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
rev

Curt wrote:
On Nov 5, 3:49 am, "Burr" wrote:
-=snip a great post=-

Enjoying old age.

Hey, a toast to that, Burr!

~clink!~

Here's to old age. Many, unfortunately, never make it to 20 much less
30, 40, and beyond.

I enjoyed the read. Keep 'em coming.

Charles, did you survive Monday? ) I trust that you did.

--
Curt

Speaking of old at the gym, my gym has a session for "seniors" each
weekday about 1 pm. They seem to get about a dozen in the session which
is overseen by a trainer but they don't run it like a circuit. There is
one guy there I used to notice about a year ago, before I became ill,
on the odd occasion I was in the gym at the same time. He seems to be
almost 80, very thin and with a bad case of scoliosis. I have seen him a
few times so he is a regular but I never paid attention to what he was
lifting.

Today I was doing deadlifts and watched him get into the incline leg
press machine. It had 140 kg loaded. My first reaction was to ask him if
he wanted a hand taking some of the weights off but then thought better
of it. Anyhow, he hopped into the press and of he went; not with a large
range of movement but I was amazed. I then took notice of him on the lat
pulldown and made a point of seeing how much weight he was lifting. It
was way more than I would have predicted and he went hard at a range of
lifts for 45 minutes. He seems to have little muscle but he is very
strong, amazingly so.

I then said to my 56 year old self "You're a wimp" and added a bit more
weight to the bar.

--
Bob Volkmer