a clarification for the suits

Old August 27th 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Micheal Artindale

Default a clarification for the suits

For those who are bickering...

I want to know if the same person who raced 4 yrs ago did better this yr.

I can assume they are eating as best as they can.

How many wr were broken in the olympics for swimming?

Micheal

Old August 27th 08, 07:03 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Steve Curtis

"Micheal*Artindale" wrote:

For those who are bickering...

I want to know if the same person who
raced 4 yrs ago did better this yr.

Well, obviously Michael Phelps, for one, did better. A few other
swimmers who swam in Athens 4 years ago also improved their times in
Beijing as well.

I can assume they are eating as best as
they can.

Not sure if that holds true for Phelps, at least from a nutritional
standpoint, especially after hearing about his high caloric diet which
includes a fair amount of fast food items.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_records_in_swimming

Old August 27th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Robert W. McAdams

MW Smith wrote:
On Aug 27, 5:33 am, "Micheal Artindale"
wrote:

For those who are bickering...

I want to know if the same person who raced 4 yrs ago did better this yr.

I can assume they are eating as best as they can.

How many wr were broken in the olympics for swimming?

Micheal

There is no way to determine whether personal bests or world records
were due to the suits. I suppose top swimmers get paid to wear the
suits, so it isn't even clear if they actually believe the suits
improve their times, but they probably think: I don't know if the suit
makes me faster, but everyone else is using them, so I better use them
too.

I was interested to hear the statement made by Pieter van den Hoogenband
when he announced that he was retiring from competitive swimming after
this Olympics. He said, basically, that the swimmers were getting too
fast and that he couldn't keep up anymore. Apparently, his feeling was
that he was still swimming as fast as before, but other swimmers had
gotten much better.

Van den Hoogenband, obviously, was swimming in the same pool and wearing
the same kind of swimsuit as everyone else, but he clearly felt that his
competition had improved significantly in other ways.

Bob

Old August 27th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
DavidW

Steve Curtis wrote:
"Micheal Artindale" wrote:

For those who are bickering...

I want to know if the same person who
raced 4 yrs ago did better this yr.

Well, obviously Michael Phelps, for one, did better. A few other
swimmers who swam in Athens 4 years ago also improved their times in
Beijing as well.

I can assume they are eating as best as
they can.

Not sure if that holds true for Phelps, at least from a nutritional
standpoint, especially after hearing about his high caloric diet which
includes a fair amount of fast food items.

How many wr were broken in the
olympics for swimming?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_records_in_swimming

You really are pathetic.

Old August 27th 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Pat[_9_]

I was interested to hear the statement made by Pieter van den Hoogenband
when he announced that he was retiring from competitive swimming after
this Olympics. He said, basically, that the swimmers were getting too
fast and that he couldn't keep up anymore. Apparently, his feeling was
that he was still swimming as fast as before, but other swimmers had
gotten much better.

Van den Hoogenband, obviously, was swimming in the same pool and wearing
the same kind of swimsuit as everyone else, but he clearly felt that his
competition had improved significantly in other ways.

Bob

Or else he's just lost his drive and determination to train as hard as he
has in the past. He's lost his "heart" for the sport. It happens all the
time to athletes. And, he's getting older--he's 30 and has been in 4
Olympics. Maybe it's just his time to call it a day.

Pat in TX

Old August 27th 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Steve Curtis

"DavidW" wrote:

Steve Curtis wrote:

"Micheal Artindale" wrote:

For those who are bickering...

I want to know if the same person who
raced 4 yrs ago did better this yr.

Well, obviously Michael Phelps, for
one, did better. A few other swimmers
who swam in Athens 4 years ago also
improved their times in Beijing as well.

I can assume they are eating as best
as they can.

Not sure if that holds true for Phelps, at
least from a nutritional standpoint,
especially after hearing about his high
caloric diet which includes a fair
amount of fast food items.

How many wr were broken in the
olympics for swimming?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_records_in_swimming

You really are pathetic.

And you are an ignorant lowlife asshole who knows little to nothing
about drafting effects in swimming, factors related to time improvement
etc. Need I go on?

Would you like me to re-post your "**** off" post to remind readers in
this newsgroup of the true nature of your character? I'd be glad to
accomodate.