Van Dam Lift - AWA WR

Old January 16th 14, 06:26 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides[_2_]

Default Van Dam Lift - AWA WR

I haven't posted here in a while so I figured I'd post this one.

http://www.kbnj.com/Steve_Freides_Va...t_81_lbs_n.mp4

If you don't want to watch the video, it's picking up a dumbbell from
the ground while sitting in a suspended split between two benches.

This is the second world record set for this lift, named after its
creator in the All-round Weightlifting Association.

Note that this is an age-weight class record - the person who took the
video, Jim Fuller, also did the lift, also got a record in his
age-weight class, and also lifted more than me. But showing up is 90%
of success, and I showed up and even brought a pair of benches that were
the same height, which is what allowed the lift to be contested at this
meet.

You can see what all else I'm up to on my web site, link about,
including a link to the all natural, vegan, organic, non-dairy,
gluten-free, and completely no fun at all protein bars I eat almost
every day.

Steve Freides, StrongFirst Team Leader

http://www.kbnj.com

Anyone do "The Van Dam Lift"? J J Weights 10 February 23rd 05 02:02 PM
Does this lift have a name? rev Weights 1 December 30th 04 06:36 PM
Can someone tell me how much and how often I should lift?? Cormac Weights 3 September 21st 04 02:40 PM
Which lift allows... Jim Weights 20 September 25th 03 10:24 AM
Which lift allows... Brad General 0 July 16th 03 12:03 PM