Olympic weightlifting & Powerlifting?!?

Old July 12th 04, 10:40 PM
Publius Enigma

Default Olympic weightlifting & Powerlifting?!?

I was looking for some sort of routine to combine Olympic weightlifting and
Powerlifting... Currently I'm doing the Squat, Bench and Deadlift, but want
to add the Clean & Jerk and Snatch... I haven't did any Olympic lifting yet
so i was wondering if this would be too much, my regular squat, bench,
deadlift workout which is on monday, wednesday, & friday... and on tuesdays
and thursday just practice gettin gthe form down for the olympic
lifts(shouldn't be too bad cause the weights would be very light)... sound
like too much?!?

Old July 12th 04, 11:49 PM
Erythritol

Publius Enigma wrote in message
I was looking for some sort of routine to combine Olympic weightlifting

and
Powerlifting... Currently I'm doing the Squat, Bench and Deadlift, but

want
to add the Clean & Jerk and Snatch... I haven't did any Olympic lifting

yet
so i was wondering if this would be too much, my regular squat, bench,
deadlift workout which is on monday, wednesday, & friday... and on

tuesdays
and thursday just practice gettin gthe form down for the olympic
lifts(shouldn't be too bad cause the weights would be very light)... sound
like too much?!?

not necessarily.

but i would do any heavy deadlifts on the friday workout, not mon or wed.
doing heavy deadlifts the day before olympic lifting makes oympic lifting
very tough

whit

Old July 13th 04, 01:42 AM
Publius Enigma

"Erythritol" wrote in message
k.net...

[...]

I'm only doing this routine until I get the Clean & Jerk and Snatch down...
So it shouldnt' be affected to much since the weight being used would only
be the bar or a little more. Once I"m used to it I'll have to change my
routine around...

Old January 6th 14, 02:52 PM
Soglasire Soglasire is offline
Junior Member

Nice post. Keep posting such needed information. Thank's!
192.168.1.1
192.168.0.1