Gallon of Milk a day?

Old July 15th 03, 11:31 PM
Lordy

Default Gallon of Milk a day?

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:27:21 -0400, Alex wrote:

I've always heard that you should drink a gallon of water a day.

IIRC that should be 8 glasses a day, and the original study that cited it
was also including water present in food. (could be wrong though)

If you live somewhere hot you probably want more!

London hitting 90F ! woo-hoo...

Lordy

Old July 15th 03, 11:35 PM
JC Der Koenig

"Alex" wrote in message
news:5d%[email protected]
I've always heard that you should drink a gallon of water a day. I like
water, but I like milk better regardless of being more expensive. It

tastes
better, has lots of protein (but it's soy), and lots of calories (which i
need for gaining weight). I usually drink alot of milk (whole milk),

pretty
close to a gallon a day. My question here, is it bad to drink so much

milk?
If so, why? I've heard that it can be bad for you, but there are so many
things that are bad for you in some way. Not sure in what way it would be
bad.

Thanks for your replies
Alex

Sometimes I drink two gallons a day when I'm bulking, real milk though, not
soy. Soy has estrogen. Soy is not milk. Milk comes from a cow. Milk doesn't
grow like a bean. HTH

Old July 15th 03, 11:37 PM
Lyle McDonald

JC Der Koenig wrote:

"Alex" wrote in message
[...]

So those cow seeds I planted aren't going to work?

Lyle

Old July 15th 03, 11:42 PM
Alex

"Lordy" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:27:21 -0400, Alex wrote:

I've always heard that you should drink a gallon of water a day.

IIRC that should be 8 glasses a day, and the original study that cited it
was also including water present in food. (could be wrong though)

If you live somewhere hot you probably want more!

London hitting 90F ! woo-hoo...

Lordy

oh ya, the most common "drink 8 eight glasses of water a day" is true. but
i've also heard the gallon a day being a good idea as well. guess it's
alright with JC drinking 2 gallons of milk a day sometimes.

I do live in some pretty hot weather, Gainseville, FL. it was, i believe,
106 degrees the other day including heat index, like 90 something without.
Whew, Thank God for AC.

Old July 15th 03, 11:53 PM
Jim

"Alex" wrote in message
news:5d%[email protected]
I've always heard that you should drink a gallon of water a day. I like
water, but I like milk better regardless of being more expensive. It

tastes
better, has lots of protein (but it's soy), and lots of calories (which i
need for gaining weight). I usually drink alot of milk (whole milk),

pretty
close to a gallon a day. My question here, is it bad to drink so much

milk?
If so, why? I've heard that it can be bad for you, but there are so many
things that are bad for you in some way. Not sure in what way it would be
bad.

Thanks for your replies
Alex

Well,a gallon of milk is about 2000 calories..and thats going by the 1% in
my fridge. That could be a problem if you are drinking that plus all the
food you eat.