Gallon of Milk a day?

Old July 16th 03, 12:07 AM
John HUDSON

Default Gallon of Milk a day?

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:37:58 -0500, Lyle McDonald
wrote:

JC Der Koenig wrote:

"Alex" wrote in message
news:5d%[email protected]
I've always heard that you should drink a gallon of water a day. I like
water, but I like milk better regardless of being more expensive. It

tastes
better, has lots of protein (but it's soy), and lots of calories (which i
need for gaining weight). I usually drink alot of milk (whole milk),

pretty
close to a gallon a day. My question here, is it bad to drink so much

milk?
If so, why? I've heard that it can be bad for you, but there are so many
things that are bad for you in some way. Not sure in what way it would be
bad.

Thanks for your replies
Alex

Sometimes I drink two gallons a day when I'm bulking, real milk though, not
soy. Soy has estrogen. Soy is not milk. Milk comes from a cow. Milk doesn't
grow like a bean. HTH

So those cow seeds I planted aren't going to work?

Well according to the following URLs you should be okay:

http://craftsbyjillian.hypermart.net/page16.html
http://www.stormloader.com/users/moe...s/CowSeeds.htm

HTH and reassures! ;o)

Lyle

Old July 16th 03, 01:01 AM
Ali-Reza Anghaie

Alex wrote:
I've always heard that you should drink a gallon of water a day.

Umm. That's not neccesarily true or safe. The old saying is eight glasses a
day but there was more recent studies indicating that isn't always required
either.

Just make sure you've got enough electrolytes and don't start cycling
through gallon_s_..

tastes better, has lots of protein (but it's soy), and lots of calories

Soy protein? Is this soy milk?

Remember that's an awful lot of sugar too. I'd stay away from whole

That's a lot of fat in whole milk too....

A full gallon a day? Wow...

I'm not aware of any particular dangers other than becoming diabetic and a
heart attack after a few months of that. ;-)

Cheers, -Ali

--
OpenPGP Key: 030E44E6

Old July 16th 03, 01:15 AM
JC Der Koenig

"Alex" wrote in message
news:ur%[email protected]

"Lordy" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:27:21 -0400, Alex wrote:

I've always heard that you should drink a gallon of water a day.

IIRC that should be 8 glasses a day, and the original study that cited

it
was also including water present in food. (could be wrong though)

If you live somewhere hot you probably want more!

London hitting 90F ! woo-hoo...

Lordy

oh ya, the most common "drink 8 eight glasses of water a day" is true.

but
i've also heard the gallon a day being a good idea as well. guess it's
alright with JC drinking 2 gallons of milk a day sometimes.

I do live in some pretty hot weather, Gainseville, FL. it was, i believe,
106 degrees the other day including heat index, like 90 something without.
Whew, Thank God for AC.

It was 104 here in El Paso yesterday, today felt more like 101. But it's a
dry heat. That is the reason why I like to drink my calories during the
summer. It's a garage gym thing.

I have been wondering about the 8 glasses. Shot glasses? Big Gulp glasses?

Old July 16th 03, 01:15 AM
JC Der Koenig

"Alex" wrote in message
news:ur%[email protected]

Old July 16th 03, 01:18 AM
JC Der Koenig

"Lyle McDonald" wrote in message
JC Der Koenig wrote:

"Alex" wrote in message
[...]

I'll be damned. There really are cow seeds.

Old July 16th 03, 05:37 AM
Piscanthropus Profundus

"Alex" wrote in message
news:5d%[email protected]
I've always heard that you should drink a gallon of water a day. I like
water, but I like milk better regardless of being more expensive. It

tastes
better, has lots of protein (but it's soy), and lots of calories (which i
need for gaining weight). I usually drink alot of milk (whole milk),

pretty
close to a gallon a day. My question here, is it bad to drink so much

milk?
If so, why? I've heard that it can be bad for you, but there are so many
things that are bad for you in some way. Not sure in what way it would be
bad.

8oz or 244ml whole milk contains 150 calories and 8g fat [5g saturated].
That translates to 2400 calories per gallon - 1152 calories from fat alone
[144g].

2% - 120 calories and 4.5g fat [3g saturated]. 1920 calories/gal - 648
calories from fat.

1% - 100 calories and 2.5g fat [1.5g saturated]. 1600 calories/gal - 360
calories from fat.

Vitamins and protein amounts are the same for each.

Draw your own conclusions.