high quality ajustable swimming goggles sought

Old September 1st 03, 10:17 PM
andrei

Default high quality ajustable swimming goggles sought

Hi,

I am looking for a very high-end pair of swimming googles. My eyes
are very sensitive to chlorine and I constantly need to wear goggles.
I also would need goggles which do not fog. I triend some goggles of
the DOLPHINO brand (bought at Walmart) which were ideal (UV protected,
no fogging) but they were not adjustable at the nose and I have a wide
face. I need to have the goggles ajustable for the width of eyes.

Since I plan to use the goggles a lot at the beach, I would need UV
protection and some darkening of the lenses would also be desirable.

Could you please reccommend me a model?

Thanks!

Andrei
Old September 2nd 03, 03:25 PM
Witheld

Hi,

I am looking for a very high-end pair of swimming googles. My eyes
are very sensitive to chlorine and I constantly need to wear goggles.
I also would need goggles which do not fog. I triend some goggles of
the DOLPHINO brand (bought at Walmart) which were ideal (UV protected,
no fogging) but they were not adjustable at the nose and I have a wide
face. I need to have the goggles ajustable for the width of eyes.

Since I plan to use the goggles a lot at the beach, I would need UV
protection and some darkening of the lenses would also be desirable.

Could you please reccommend me a model?

I have used Barracuda and liked them. They are high end ($$$). I
stopped using them because I can be a little lazy about carefully
packing a duffle bag. Like most swimmers, I prefer to have a half
dozen goggles scattered at the office, car, home, etc. Are Hind &
Wells still around? Talk about minimalist goggles! : )

If the nose bridge is your only problem with the "Walmart Specials",
don't overlook a quick pass of the local hardware store. You may find
the odds & ends neeed to modify the nose bridge - - just a thought.
Perhaps a standard tie-wrap and a hot glue gun will fix you right
up(?).

rsquared
Old September 2nd 03, 11:27 PM
antoineg

The Speedo "Vanquisher Plus Competition" googles I got at a local Big5
Sports here in Seattle are great -- UV, tinted, fogging not a real
issue, and they come with 4 different nose bridge attachments of varying
widths. I have found the default one fine for me, I must have a "normal"
face -- but the other 3 are in a little baggie inside the goggle case.

You might want to check this model out. $14.95 US.

--
This forum is a gateway to the rec.sport.triathlon usenet newsgroup. Any posts you make in this forum will be propogated to usenet.
Old September 10th 03, 02:43 AM
Chris

(Jill) wrote in
om:

(Witheld) wrote in message
. com...
I have used Barracuda and liked them. They are high end ($$$). I
stopped using them because I can be a little lazy about carefully
packing a duffle bag. Like most swimmers, I prefer to have a half
dozen goggles scattered at the office, car, home, etc. Are Hind &
Wells still around? Talk about minimalist goggles! : )

Hind Wells later became simply Hind swimwear. The goggles went out of
production for a couple years in the early 90s, and I know people who
hoarded their stash of Compys for years. Eventually, Saucony bought
out Hind, and the Compys are back on the market under the name "Hind
Competition Goggle"

http://worldwideaquatics.com/catalog...t.asp?PID=2041

Their cult is smaller than that of the swedish goggle, but no less
fanatic about the virtues of the product.

I'm still a fan of the swedish google. In talking about adjustments,
swedes are infinitely adjustable as you have to manually adjust both the
headstrap with a piece of elastic and the nosestrap with a string. And
they're really not that uncomfortable once you get used to them. You'd
think that they would be since they don't have any foam around the
sockets, but they're not. And of course most importantly, they don't
leak!

I swam competitively for about 8 years and I couldn't see myself using
anything else. Of course, YMMV.

- chris

Old September 16th 03, 06:05 AM
Chynnae

I have had great success with the Seal Mask (http://www.sealmask.com/)
made by Aqua Sphere. I gave my original adult-sized pair to my husband
because my head is too small for them. He used them for his first
triathlon this past weekend and said they were great.

As a replacement, I bought a pair of Aqua Sphere goggles for juniors.
They have the same 180 degree visibility and didn't leak at all. The
FIRST pair of goggles I have ever owned that didn't leak.

Chynnae

Some calculations Oldman Weights 68 February 13th 04 09:01 PM
Low carb diets Weights 194 January 9th 04 12:15 AM
Vicodin Abusing No-Integrity Hypocrite ATP Weights 103 October 9th 03 06:51 PM
Hardgainer question Martin Thompson Weights 109 October 7th 03 06:20 PM
Impact of rec.sport.swimming Larry Weisenthal Swimming 264 September 15th 03 07:07 PM