Tri-newbie looking for help...

Old September 9th 03, 05:05 AM
Geoff Jennings

Default Tri-newbie looking for help...

Is there a FAQ for this ng?

Best sites for someone training for their first Tri?

I've done 9 marathons (mostly trail) and tons of 100 milers(uh, on the
bike), with a few 200 mile races, but not recently. Got the bug to try a
triathlon, so I'm training.

Also, anybody have good recommendations for a pool to swim in in the Newport
Beach area? a YMCA or something that wouldn't be too expensive? I already
have access to a gym with everything but a pool, so I don't really want to
pay for 24 hour fitness....

Geoff

Old September 9th 03, 07:55 PM
Mike Lana

Best sites for someone training for their first Tri?

www.trinewbies.com is the best
www.transitiontimes.com can give helpfull tips
www.triathletemag.com has some info
Good Luck
Mike

Old September 16th 03, 06:05 AM
Chynnae

I am a new triathlete as well, and I found some helpful hints on this
page: http://homepage.mac.com/juggle5/sports/TriLessons.html

Good luck! Chynnae

--
This forum is a gateway to the rec.sport.triathlon usenet newsgroup. Any posts you make in this forum will be propogated to usenet.
Old September 16th 03, 06:05 AM
Chynnae

I am a new triathlete as well, and I found some helpful hints on this
page: http://homepage.mac.com/juggle5/sports/TriLessons.html

Good luck! Chynnae

--
This forum is a gateway to the rec.sport.triathlon usenet newsgroup. Any posts you make in this forum will be propogated to usenet.

Should newbie gains be consistant or sporadic? User Weights 6 June 19th 04 07:44 PM
Newbie Gains Scotty Weights 18 March 12th 04 07:35 PM
weight training newbie delurk, and question about goals carla Weights 20 February 21st 04 02:52 AM
100kg+ newbie on cut, larger deficit? Fredericks Weights 4 February 18th 04 09:28 PM
Basic MFW Denizen Services ( A Newbie Fantasy) Lee Michaels Weights 31 October 18th 03 07:08 PM