Comparison of USAT short-course nationals

Old September 15th 03, 09:26 PM
Tom Rodgers

Default Comparison of USAT short-course nationals

For those who did the 2002 USAT short-course nationals at Coeur d'Alene, how
difficult did you find that particular course? Hilly bike? Calm or tortuous
swim? Hot on the run? I'm doing my first nationals at Shreveport this
October, and I'm trying to compare times. I notice the winner at CDA in 2002
had a 1:59:28, and I'm thinking the winning time will be faster on the flat,
fast Shreveport course. Times at the the first race on this course in June
were blazing.

One can attempt to forecast what the "cutoff time" would be for a worlds
slot based on top 16 in age group last year, adjusted for the faster course.
For example, 2:13 made it to worlds in the CDA course, where Im' thinking
something like 2:11 will be required for Shreveport. Now I know I lot has to
do with who shows up, the weather, etc. But as with Kona slots, one can
dream about what is required.

Old September 16th 03, 02:33 AM
PMcDC

last year at CDA was plenty hilly. apparently not the same hills done for this
year's IM course. the run was almost entirely flat, though. i understand
that shreveport is flat on the bike and the run, so yes: the times ought to be
appreciably faster. just how much depends upon all the items mentioned plus
weather, of course.
peggy
Old September 16th 03, 02:33 AM
PMcDC

last year at CDA was plenty hilly. apparently not the same hills done for this
year's IM course. the run was almost entirely flat, though. i understand
that shreveport is flat on the bike and the run, so yes: the times ought to be
appreciably faster. just how much depends upon all the items mentioned plus
weather, of course.
peggy

re short dianabol cycles paul reynolds Weights 0 April 2nd 04 12:07 AM
AAU Combined Nationals (Sorry if Doubled) Hoff Weights 0 February 6th 04 04:54 PM
AAU Combined Nationals Hoff Weights 0 February 6th 04 04:00 PM
One-person short stay in Scotland: tips welcome Gert Walking in the UK 3 September 26th 03 10:10 AM
Anyone Have An Entry for NYC Triathlon? Rachid Triathalon 15 August 12th 03 08:27 PM