Down Sleeping Bags and the Outdoor Show

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 3rd 04, 03:44 PM
AndyP

Default Down Sleeping Bags and the Outdoor Show

"druidh" wrote

One small point to watch for - some of the very light bags have no zips.

In
my opinion, that rules them out of Summer use, which means that they're

also
two season - Spring and Autumn.

I've got a bag with no zip. No problem to get in and out of. No problem
being comfortable over a wide range of temperature, hat on fully clothed,
hat off, clothes off, uncover your head, one arm out, 2 arms out, pulled
down from your chest a bit, sleep on top of it. If my top half's
comfortable my bottom half follows suit. I can't see the point of full
length zips at all apart from zipping 2 together. Mountain equipment have
actually increased the zip length on some of their bags to go all the way
around the bottom. Do people really leave the top zipped up and open the
bottom to cool their feet? Presumably that would also mean you can't zip 2
together either.