TR - Fisherfield - Day Four & Conclusion

Old June 15th 06, 06:49 AM posted to uk.rec.walking

Default TR - Fisherfield - Day Four & Conclusion

The final day was the walk out from Shenavall to Corrie Hallie, a
reverse of day one.
We set off from Shenavall and the steep climb out of Strath na Sealga.
The client's laden pack was still causing her problems and was slowing
her down. It took a long time to reach the vehicle track and despite
the final section being downhill she was struggling which was
understandable after such a tough couple of days.

Eventually we reached Corrie Hallie and the end of the walk.

Conclusion

I have completed these six Munros on a single round, once from Corrie
Hallie going as light as possible, and on other occasions from
Shenavall. On this occasion, splitting the six Munros into two days
allowed me more time to see the scenery around A'Mhaighdean and Ruadh
Stac Mor and I probably enjoyed the walk more as I wasn't rushing to
complete all six Munros.

If you have the time don't rush these mountains take an extra day and
enjoy them.

To see my photographs from this trip see:
http://www.caledoniahilltreks.com/ga...ne06/index.htm

For stats see;
http://caledoniahilltreks.blogspot.com

Lindsay
www.caledoniahilltreks.com

Old June 15th 06, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

Nice report, though I ain't had a chance to see photos yet.

Couple of questions / observations:

Don't you "do" bothying? I was suprised that you decided to camp while
your client was in the bothy.

The view over Dubh loch *is* the best in the country, don't be so
negative :-)

I wasn't really aware that the ascent of Ruadh Stac Mor was so
difficult - but then it was a lovely day when I did it. We came off
south towards Dubh Loch too, so also avoided the descent back to that
bealach.

And I agree with your sentiments about not rushing it. I spread these 6
over three walks, which leaves a bit of room for exploration.

druidh

Old June 15th 06, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

druidh wrote:
Nice report, though I ain't had a chance to see photos yet.

And I agree with your sentiments about not rushing it. I spread these 6
over three walks, which leaves a bit of room for exploration.

How did you split them up ?

JP
Old June 15th 06, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

druidh wrote:
Nice report, though I ain't had a chance to see photos yet.

Couple of questions / observations:

Don't you "do" bothying? I was suprised that you decided to camp while
your client was in the bothy.

The view over Dubh loch *is* the best in the country, don't be so
negative :-)

I wasn't really aware that the ascent of Ruadh Stac Mor was so
difficult - but then it was a lovely day when I did it. We came off
south towards Dubh Loch too, so also avoided the descent back to that
bealach.

And I agree with your sentiments about not rushing it. I spread these 6
over three walks, which leaves a bit of room for exploration.

Druidh it is obvious a personal view.

I have had too many bad experiences in bothies with people getting
drunk and excessively noisey. At least in the tent you have your own
privacy. Client elected for the bothy as it saved her carrying a
tent.

The ascent of Ruadh Stac Mor isn't that difficult the client just found
it that way and was very nervous.

I hope that covers the points.

Lindsay
www.caledoniahilltreks.com

Old June 15th 06, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

John P wrote:
druidh wrote:
Nice report, though I ain't had a chance to see photos yet.

..

And I agree with your sentiments about not rushing it. I spread these 6
over three walks, which leaves a bit of room for exploration.

How did you split them up ?

JP

A' Mhaighdean & RSM from Poolewe. camping at the Dubh Loch. Gerat walk,
the best ascent route of A' Mhaighdean, and the cloud cleared at the
exact moment we reached the summit!

Tarsuinn, MCMF and Sgurr Ban from the East, camping at NH091730. Plan
was to add Beinn a'Chlaidheimh too, but we were caught out by a
blizzard on Sgurr Ban (it was May!!), so cut it short. We then had one
of the wettest walks out I've ever experienced. At one point were
literally walking through Loch a'Bhraoin.

Finally did Beinn a'Chlaidheimh earlier this year in lovely weather
(that false spring we had before the heavy snow-falls), and the river
crossing we'd agonised over was carried out by stepping-stone.

That's tree distinct routes in - which the area fully deserves!

druidh