Muscle rub

Old September 4th 07, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
[email protected]

Default Muscle rub

What do you use to sooth those aching muscles after exercise or a long
day in the hills.
Anybody come across any preparations they swear by..

Old September 4th 07, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Richard Spencer

A hot bath.....
Old September 4th 07, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Nick Pedley

wrote in message
oups.com...
What do you use to sooth those aching muscles after exercise or a long
day in the hills.
Anybody come across any preparations they swear by..

After a hard workout in the gym I use the steam room or the sauna, followed
by a long hot shower. Helps the muscles relax properly especially if you do
some proper stretching exercises beforehand.

If I've been walking then it's usually just a hot shower but I've since
learnt that stretching the used muscles gets the blood flowing into them
much better and prevents cramp in the legs at 2am!

Nick

Old September 8th 07, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Steve Wilcox

What do you use to sooth those aching muscles after exercise or a long
day in the hills.
Anybody come across any preparations they swear by..

A nice hot shower, followed by a large single malt . . . .

Steve Wilcox
Old September 8th 07, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Chris Gilbert

Steve Wilcox wrote

A nice hot shower, followed by a large single malt . . . .

Where do you apply the malt to, Steve ? Is it a rub ?

Chris

Old September 11th 07, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
www.wheresthepath.co.uk

A shed load of carbs (my wife's home-made lasagne is a particular
favourite), plenty of squash (plus a nice real ale once properly
rehydrated) and a bath with Badedas bath oil (has extract of horse
chestnut in it, which peculoarly seems to hit the spot more than other
bath jobbys).

Anth

Please link to: http://www.wheresthepath.com/index.htm