Training week ending June 6 2010

Old June 7th 10, 11:44 PM posted to rec.running
Teresa Bippert-Plymate

Default Training week ending June 6 2010

John Hurley wrote:
Greetings wreck runners! Please tell us about your training week and
goals

No goals other than keep running!

Mon: Rest
Tues: 5.6 mi @ 9:50 pace. 93F, breezy.
Wed: 5.6 mi @ 9:17 pace. 93 F.
Thur: 5.6 mi @ 9:36 pace 96F.
Fri: Rested (or meeting actually)
Sat: Meet Me Downtown 5k. 24:58, 100F at start of race. Yes it was hot.
And I haven't done any speed work in months. But I was still 4/51 in my
AG, 169/1128 overall (at least, of those back before the time cutoff!)
Had a lot of fun, big event with local restaurants serving goodies, live
bands, and movies afterwards. And saw a lot of folks I haven't seen in a
while. ~ 1 mi warmup too.
Sun: 9.8 mi @ 10:07. Yep, a bit stiff this morning! But mostly calorie
deprived, I don't think I ate enough last night after the race.

Teresa in quite warm now AZ
Old June 8th 10, 09:57 PM posted to rec.running
Teresa Bippert-Plymate

Dot wrote:
On 6/7/2010 2:44 PM, Teresa Bippert-Plymate wrote:

Sat: Meet Me Downtown 5k. 24:58, 100F at start of race. Yes it was hot.
And I haven't done any speed work in months. But I was still 4/51 in my
AG, 169/1128 overall (at least, of those back before the time cutoff!)
Had a lot of fun, big event with local restaurants serving goodies, live
bands, and movies afterwards. And saw a lot of folks I haven't seen in a
while. ~ 1 mi warmup too.

Yikes, really great running in 100F! Congratulations.

Do the restaurants serve the goodies during the race or is that
post-race? Just wondering whether the comment about those getting back
before cutoff was about the distractions along the way or the 100F?

Dot

Hi Dot! Thanks, I'm a bit envious of your cool trail races this time of
year for sure! ;-)

They did have a time cutoff so the police could go home and traffic
could resume as it's run right through downtown. They have the tables
set up afterwards, no distractions along the way. And big incentives to
get back. One of my favorites this year was a bakery/confection place
that was serving up double-chocolate truffles!

I also got to try Muscle Milk, which I liked a lot. Seemed to help me
recover nicely. Even being a desert rat, though, I'd rather not race
when it's that hot!

Teresa in AZ