Training week ending June 13 2010

Old June 13th 10, 12:34 PM posted to rec.running
I2Run

Default Training week ending June 13 2010

| Greetings wreck runners! Please tell us about your training week and
| goals.

4 runs for 33 miles including a 5K in 19:30

Tapering for a 50K next weekend gave me a chance to do
the short stuff as I ran my 1st 5K in 18 months and clocked
PR of 19:30. I guess the long distances I have been running
for a while now hadn't made me to totally forget, how to run
the shorter distances. But there is a lot of work to be done to
race a 5K well.

This was the 6th time in 7 races that I PRed in asics pirhanas,
2 HMs, 30K, 20M, 8M and a 5K, the exception being Boston
marathon without proper taper.

Old June 14th 10, 01:43 AM posted to rec.running
I2Run

jbh:
| Way to go i2!
Thanks!

Old June 14th 10, 01:49 AM posted to rec.running
I2Run

Pendejo:
| Outstanding, congrats!
thanks
| But I do think the Piranhas, along with the Adizero PR, are really
| fine shoes. Glad they're working for you too. I recently picked up
| another couple pair of Piranha 2 from Running Warehouse, where they've
| been closing them out for about $59.

I am also getting an other favorite pair of yours, Streak XC 2.
(for mixed terrain and couple of trail races I do).

Old June 14th 10, 09:52 PM posted to rec.running
Teresa Bippert-Plymate

I2Run wrote:
| Greetings wreck runners! Please tell us about your training week and
| goals.

4 runs for 33 miles including a 5K in 19:30

Tapering for a 50K next weekend gave me a chance to do
the short stuff as I ran my 1st 5K in 18 months and clocked
PR of 19:30. I guess the long distances I have been running
for a while now hadn't made me to totally forget, how to run
the shorter distances. But there is a lot of work to be done to
race a 5K well.

This was the 6th time in 7 races that I PRed in asics pirhanas,
2 HMs, 30K, 20M, 8M and a 5K, the exception being Boston
marathon without proper taper.

Congrats I2! Hmm, maybe I'll try Piranhas some time....sounds like
good juju. Good luck in the 50k!!

Teresa in AZ
Old June 15th 10, 12:02 PM posted to rec.running
I2Run

Teresa Bippert-Plymate wrote:
| Congrats I2! Hmm, maybe I'll try Piranhas some time....sounds like
| good juju. Good luck in the 50k!!

Thanks Teresa, I need good luck as the forecast for Saturday to be
the warmest in a while and NE'ers like me are not acclimated yet.