Training week ending May 29 2011

Old May 30th 11, 01:55 AM posted to rec.running
I2Run

Default Training week ending May 29 2011

CP wrote:
|4 days. 6 runs, 41 miles
|
| Including the first of this year's biweekly Wed evening "Al Goldstein
| (1) Summer Speed Series" at my local park. Biggest turnout ever for
| one of these races - 84 runners. Well, maybe 80 runners and a few
| walkers. I hoped to get under 19:30, and exceeded my own
| expectations: 18:55, second in M40+ but the first was a full minute
| ahead, a few seconds behind the young winner and second place runners.
|
| Hm, wonder if I could threaten 17:59 in a cool flat fall race with
| halfway purposeful training this summer and dropping a few pounds?

Congrats, 18:55 is not bad for a middle aged guy with a potbelly.
17:59 for a 5K looks within your reach, but repeating 1:23 HM would be
much harder.

Old May 30th 11, 04:01 PM posted to rec.running
Tony S

On 5/30/2011 1:10 AM, Charlie Pendejo wrote:
I2:
Congrats, 18:55 is not bad for a middle aged guy with a potbelly.

JBH:
Meeeooowwwccchhh ... getting catty around here ...

Not at all. I2, as is his habit, is correct: at 152 pounds, I'm a
regular Vietnamese porker. Oink oink snort.

But five of those should melt off in the next month or two now that
the weather's changed. At 147 I'm merely husky, for an alleged
distance runner.

Thanks for your congrats, though methinks you're running these things
quite a bit better than I am. If your visit happens to include 20
July, you and the brain could even join me for another installment of
this evening 5k series.

You're a kenyan compared to me. At 5'9" and at my current 165 I'm fit,
but closer to 160 I start to feel malnourished.

-Tony