Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 23rd 17, 04:20 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
[email protected]

On Friday, 21 July 2017 14:48:54 UTC+1, wrote:
I know this is old, hopefully someone hears this! I'm writing this Checksum generation code into an entry file parser I'm writing and I'm stuck on this line

'We simple SUM the values here... For this string we get a checksum of
0x0B1E (done in HEX for clarity)'

I have summed the odd characters a few different ways and I never get '0x0B1E' as my result (yes, I'm converting the result to HEX). What exactly are we summing in each group? Integer values of the characters? Actual value of only the numbers? If anyone could shed any light on this for me I'd really appreciate it.

if you follow jwh explanation exactly it does give the correct checksums, i wrote an excel macro that uses this logic and it produces a hy3 file from imported data