Is my walking technique effective?

Old January 31st 12, 09:48 AM
d-bomb d-bomb is offline
Junior Member

Default Is my walking technique effective?

I typically walk at a 15% incline going 4.1-4.5 mph on the treadmill for 20-30 minutes. I rack up 100 calories every five minutes but my body doesn't feel like its effective. The only change I've noticed is my legs getting smaller and more defined above my knees.

Also, is it still considered a low intensity work out considering the speed and incline?

Thanks.
Old February 8th 12, 10:55 PM posted to misc.fitness.walking
giganews

It certainly is effective for burning calories.

And every bit helps for cardio-vascular fitness.

If you want to get technical about cardio-vascular fitness you need to
approach 80% of your max heart rate based on what I've read.

Your max heart rate is a function of your age. You can find the formula
on the web somewhere.

Keep up the good work!

Old July 27th 12, 08:12 PM
Lendarho Lendarho is offline
Junior Member

Yes it is definitly good if you try to lose weight and burn calories, but is inst good for hulking up.
__________________
http://www.masssuit.com/
Old June 20th 13, 03:08 PM
Jolia Jolia is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendarho View Post
Yes it is definitly good if you try to lose weight and burn calories, but is inst good for hulking up.
You are right dude.I am agree with that Waking is a good exercise to weight loss. It's really help to maintain your body metabolism and also Good to stay healthy.Facials

Last edited by Jolia : November 28th 13 at 04:47 AM.
Old August 1st 13, 11:17 AM
jayditcher jayditcher is offline
Junior Member

Send a message via AIM to jayditcher Send a message via Skype™ to jayditcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolia View Post
You are right dude.I am agree with that Waking is a good exercise to weight loss. It's really help to maintain your body metabolism and also Good to stay healthy.
You walk for 30 minutes or you walk for 1hr, it is always good for your health and will do lots of improvements in you, but i will suggest you to keep increasing your time and speed of your walker.
BacklinksVault