Newbie question: moving from dumbell squats to barbell squats

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 14th 04, 04:03 PM
Renee

Default Newbie question: moving from dumbell squats to barbell squats

I've been reading Krista's site and this newsgroup for a while, but
this is the first time I've posted. Since the end of February, I've
been regularly lifting weights at home two or three times a week. I
used to do squats with a pair of dumbells held to my chest. I made
sure my feet were flat to the floor, my knees didn't pass my toes,
back didn't round, and that I went below parallel. Last week, I bought
a barbell (it's 10 pounds), because I was squatting 40 pounds, and I
thought I should start doing the barbell ones. I guess the dumbells
helped balance me, because I kept falling over backwards with the bar.
Even when I try squatting by myself, I fall over. So, now I'm starting
over with just the bar. Are there any tricks I can use, or do I just
need to build up some other muscles?

Renee

newbie question ray miller Weights 9 January 6th 04 02:15 AM
newbie question: BB diet management Trevor Weights 9 November 16th 03 04:19 AM
Question about Squats Donovan Rebbechi Weights 29 October 13th 03 09:43 PM
Newbie question Rob Weights 54 August 19th 03 11:34 PM
Newbie question! Donovan Rebbechi Weights 4 August 13th 03 06:04 PM