Body for Life wrap-up (long and boring)

Old July 31st 03, 01:59 AM
Wendy Marsden

Default Body for Life wrap-up (long and boring)

I'm at 11.5 weeks of my third 12 week Body for Life challenge.
The day I started this challenge I also started a full gut of my
kitchen. I had figured that eating would be hard, and it turns out it
wasn't all that bad. I microwaved my oatmeal, bought ready-made salads
and grilled meat for dinner and leftovers for lunch. Yes, we did eat out
often, but I've got portion control under control and maybe it was a good
thing to practice going to a restaurant and NOT splurging so much. :-)

What I hadn't realized was how awful it was going to be to fit my workouts
in. Every morning the contractors say they'll be here by 7:30. Every
morning I wait around for them to straggle in before I can get going with
my day, and then we usually have design meetings, etc. and by then it's 10
am and my window for working out is GONE. And lately I've been up working
WITH them at 7:30 every morning (and continuing on until midnight) and I'm
just too exhausted to add a workout to my very physical labor.

So, in the end, my BFL eating went well and my BFL exercise went terrible.

But I lost 13 pounds, going from 209 to 196 in 12 weeks. Yes, I weighed
myself for the first time in weeks today and I am down five pounds to get
past that damn 200! It was actually THRILLING to realize (somewhat
dumbly, as I wasn't thinking about it) that the reason I couldn't balance
the scale with the 200 pounds on it was because I weighed LESS than
that. I haven't weighed less than 200 pounds since 1993.

I've lost a fair amount of lean body mass in this session - about 8 pounds
of fat and 5 pounds of lean. I guess my newbie days when I could lose fat
and build muscle are gone. :-( I also haven't been as vigorous about
weight-lifting during this session and the drop in LBM reminds me to get
back to the weight room pronto!

The home remodelling project is VERY near to completion. One bathroom is
back online as of yesterday, another bathroom is within a week of being
finished (I'm tiling a custom shower and it's taking forever) and the
kitchen is within a week or so from completion. I'm the General
Contractor and I've got about twenty subcontractors on this massive job
and I'm working alongside them.

I'm changing my goal weight to 170 (thats about 23% body fat at my
current lean body mass.) It was too hard to contemplate this back when I
weighed 244 - losing 75 pounds seemed impossible - but now that I've lost
nearly 50 pounds it seems quite possible to lose another 25.

Wendy
244/196/170
Old July 31st 03, 02:04 AM
Nina

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 00:59:26 GMT, Wendy Marsden
wrote:

I'm changing my goal weight to 170 (thats about 23% body fat at my
current lean body mass.) It was too hard to contemplate this back when I
weighed 244 - losing 75 pounds seemed impossible - but now that I've lost
nearly 50 pounds it seems quite possible to lose another 25.

Wendy
244/196/170

13 pounds is 13 pounds. Congrats!

Cheers,
Nina
delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

Old July 31st 03, 02:15 AM
Robert Dorf

wrote:

I'm at 11.5 weeks of my third 12 week Body for Life challenge.
The day I started this challenge I also started a full gut of my
kitchen. I had figured that eating would be hard, and it turns out it
wasn't all that bad. I microwaved my oatmeal, bought ready-made salads
and grilled meat for dinner and leftovers for lunch. Yes, we did eat out
often, but I've got portion control under control and maybe it was a good
thing to practice going to a restaurant and NOT splurging so much. :-)

snip

I'm changing my goal weight to 170 (thats about 23% body fat at my
current lean body mass.) It was too hard to contemplate this back when I
weighed 244 - losing 75 pounds seemed impossible - but now that I've lost
nearly 50 pounds it seems quite possible to lose another 25.

Wendy
244/196/170

Congratulations Wendy. 13 pounds is good, and 50 pounds since you
started is excellent.

Old July 31st 03, 02:35 AM
Lee Michaels

"Wendy Marsden" wrote in message
[...]

Good going Wendy.

But you don't need all those numerical goals.

A good rule of thumb is this. When you become as small as Lyle, you are too
small.

Old July 31st 03, 02:49 AM
The Queen of Cans and Jars

wrote:

[...]

it certainly is. congrats on your success, Wendy.

Old July 31st 03, 03:32 AM
Wendy Marsden

In misc.fitness.weights Lee Michaels wrote:

But you don't need all those numerical goals.

A good rule of thumb is this. When you become as small as Lyle, you are too
small.

The fact is, I've never seen him. Despite the accusations, I'm not all
that big a groupie. (Not that I would turn down the t-shirt, though.)

Anyone want to point me to a link?

Wendy