Ian Thorpe rules!

Old August 16th 04, 04:29 PM
BobMac

Lee Michaels wrote:

"Elzinator" wrote

The Thorpedo sets new Olympic record 200-m time: 1 min, 44.71 sec.

Check out those feet

Never thought about it.

But big feet for a swimmer would be a genetic advantage, wouldn't it?

His coach said, years ago, before Thorpe had done anything
internationally, that this guy had the best imaginable genetic endowment
for a swimmer, and that he could easily set records that would NEVER be
broken.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that he's Australian, and he has a government
that actually supports national team athletes.

BobMac
Old August 17th 04, 03:23 PM
Elzinator

Default Ian Thorpe rules!

Old August 17th 04, 03:28 PM
Jim Ranieri

"Elzinator" wrote in message
m...
The Thorpedo sets new Olympic record 200-m time: 1 min, 44.71 sec.

Check out those feet

Michael Phelps = Kohoutek?

Old August 17th 04, 03:31 PM
Donovan Rebbechi

On 2004-08-17, Elzinator wrote:
The Thorpedo sets new Olympic record 200-m time: 1 min, 44.71 sec.

Check out those feet

I read somewhere ("The Age", Aussie newspaper) that he's a size 17.

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/
Old August 17th 04, 03:36 PM
DRS

"Jim Ranieri" wrote in message

"Elzinator" wrote in message
m...
The Thorpedo sets new Olympic record 200-m time: 1 min, 44.71 sec.

Check out those feet

Michael Phelps = Kohoutek?

Just how many gold medals was he going to win, again?

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."

Old August 17th 04, 03:42 PM
Dally

Elzinator wrote:

The Thorpedo sets new Olympic record 200-m time: 1 min, 44.71 sec.

Check out those feet

That was a really great race.

I also like his other nickname, "the great wet hope".

Dally

Old August 17th 04, 03:45 PM
Lyle McDonald

Elzinator wrote:

The Thorpedo sets new Olympic record 200-m time: 1 min, 44.71 sec.

Check out those feet

I think I heard tehy weere size 17.

The man has flippers.

Now, if it's true what they say about hte size of a man's feet and his
penis, well...that's some serious ass drag in the water.

Lyle

Old August 17th 04, 03:47 PM
Lyle McDonald

Lee Michaels wrote:

"Elzinator" wrote

The Thorpedo sets new Olympic record 200-m time: 1 min, 44.71 sec.

Check out those feet

Never thought about it.

But big feet for a swimmer would be a genetic advantage, wouldn't it?

I discussed this with a friend who was a good collegiate swimmer
apparently this guy is a freak built for swimming.

His feet are one thing, they are basically flippers.

He has some monstrous arm span this is apparently common with top
swimmers. Normally your arm span is about the same as your height, for
swimmers it's usually longer.

Many butterfly swimmers have shoudlers that easily dislocate, makes it
easier for them to get their arms up and over.

I think my friend said that Thorpe (or was it Phelps, one of the top
gys) both:
a. doesn't produce asa much lactic acid (Armstrong has this same benefit)
b. recovers just insanely well between events, he can go swim a max
race, rest 20 minutes and do it again

Lyle

Old August 17th 04, 03:52 PM
Jim Ranieri

"DRS" wrote in message
"Jim Ranieri" wrote in message

"Elzinator" wrote in message
m...
The Thorpedo sets new Olympic record 200-m time: 1 min, 44.71 sec.

Check out those feet

Michael Phelps = Kohoutek?

Just how many gold medals was he going to win, again?

....the network is missing the whole "hubris, Athens, Greek tragedy" hook