New Workout Program - Need Advice

Old August 16th 04, 08:34 PM
Hoff

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s02...

"aj" wrote in message
On 2004-08-16, Keith Hobman wrote:
In article 4u4Uc.267343$%[email protected]_s01, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Keith Hobman" wrote

(stracy5) wrote:

How is training to failure not a worthwhile technique? I have

never
heard this before. I have always read, heard, and just plain knew

in
my heart that performing a set until you just can't do another rep

was
the best way to stimulate muscle growth.

What are the physiological mechanisms that make this the most

effective
method for hypertrophy?

Keith, don't you know better?

You are asking for FACTS to back up a popluar myth.

This could get downright entertaining.

I'd like a real scientific explanation too. None of the 'dynamite
explodes' type of stuff.

I thought since stracy5 so was well-read on the subject I could get the
real low-down.

This guy's too humble to pull a Hoff.

Well, Keith DOES suffer from Canadian Niceness Syndrome.

But the expression "pull a Hoff" is interesting.

Does one have to be humble to "pull a Hoff"?

Yes. Or maybe No. Which would be the "humble" answer?

Or do you just need a mean streak?

indiana jones
Now, you're getting nasty
/indiana jones

Hoff
--
Peanuts!! Get yer Peanuts!! http://irongarm.org/peanutgallery2.htm

Old August 16th 04, 08:55 PM
David Cohen

"Keith Hobman" wrote
"Lee Michaels" wrote:
"Keith Hobman" wrote
(stracy5) wrote:

How is training to failure not a worthwhile technique? I have never
heard this before. I have always read, heard, and just plain knew

in
my heart that performing a set until you just can't do another rep

was
the best way to stimulate muscle growth.

What are the physiological mechanisms that make this the most

effective
method for hypertrophy?

Keith, don't you know better?

You are asking for FACTS to back up a popluar myth.

This could get downright entertaining.

I'd like a real scientific explanation too. None of the 'dynamite
explodes' type of stuff.

It's gonna' involve "inroads". I just know it is.

Old August 17th 04, 12:00 AM
aj

On 2004-08-16, Keith Hobman wrote:
In article 4u4Uc.267343$%[email protected]_s01, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Keith Hobman" wrote

(stracy5) wrote:

[...]

I misphrased. Should've been "..too humble for Keith to pull a Hoff on".

Or you could verb it. "You don't need to Hoff him, he's too humble."

As in (paraphrasing):
Hoff
Tell me more about your theory. It sounds exciting. I want to learn from
an obviously educated person like yourself. No one in this group
understands me like you do.
/Hoff
Old August 17th 04, 12:35 AM
Lee Michaels

On 2004-08-16, Keith Hobman wrote:
In article 4u4Uc.267343$%[email protected]_s01, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Keith Hobman" wrote

(stracy5) wrote:

[...]

"pull a Hoff on"??

I think you will get into more trouble with that one.

Old August 17th 04, 12:55 AM
Hoff

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s04...

On 2004-08-16, Keith Hobman wrote:
In article 4u4Uc.267343$%[email protected]_s01, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Keith Hobman" wrote

(stracy5) wrote:

[...]

I got yer Hoff right here...

Err, Hoff

--
Peanuts! Get yer Peanuts!
http://irongarm.org/Files_html_globa...utgallery2.htm

Old August 17th 04, 02:21 AM
Lee Michaels

"Trozer" wrote in message
om...
(Keith Hobman) wrote in message

In article 4u4Uc.267343$%[email protected]_s01, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Keith Hobman" wrote

(stracy5) wrote:

How is training to failure not a worthwhile technique? I have

never
heard this before. I have always read, heard, and just plain knew

in
my heart that performing a set until you just can't do another rep

was
the best way to stimulate muscle growth.

What are the physiological mechanisms that make this the most

effective
method for hypertrophy?

Keith, don't you know better?

You are asking for FACTS to back up a popluar myth.

This could get downright entertaining.

I'd like a real scientific explanation too. None of the 'dynamite
explodes' type of stuff.

I thought since stracy5 so was well-read on the subject I could get the
real low-down.

Let me see. It's Keith, Lyle, and Lee sitting in a tree. Dogging on
all who try and help anyone who isn't fully aware of their irrefutable
training doctrine.

Problem is you don't want to elaborate too much otherwise your
fraudulent and liable claims may become open to debate. I know, I
know, the location of the Holy grail is
http://home.comcast.net/~mfw/

It's just sooo original. Did you think up all that by yourself. WOW!
You all must be astroscientificphysicistsphds. So smart.

I don't think Keith and I would fit in the tree very well. Although Lyle
would probably be swinging from branch to branch. While doing his damndest
to become the alpha male. LOL

Damn!! The Trozer Troll is upset.

Cuz we are supposed to debate muscle comics "science" with him.

If you want to babble bull**** about HIT, training to failure or SuperSlow,
feel free to google this newsgroup. Much has been written about it. And
apparently, nobody here has the energy or ambition to debate it AGAIN with
one more muscle comic deluded troll.

It may come as a shock to you, but we prefer published studies and actual
experience with folks who are not blind followers of the muscle comics. You
are babbling about popular mythology. Which has in no way been verified in
any kind of study. It is like trying to argue the earth is round with
somebody who thinks it is flat. (Trozer, you do know the earh is round,
don't you?)

And I did write the document in question. And it does accurately reflect the
totally unresonable expectations that newbies have about MFW denizens.
Because we regularly get assholes and morons in here who want to reform us.
And it doesn't work.

And I don't feel like debating your childlike dreams of training with you.
Welcome to my killfile anonymous troll.

Lee Michaels

Old August 17th 04, 02:54 AM
Lyle McDonald

Lyle McDonald wrote:

Trozer wrote:

(Keith Hobman) wrote in message

In article 4u4Uc.267343$%[email protected]_s01, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Keith Hobman" wrote

(stracy5) wrote:

[...]

Fraudulent and liable?
How you figure, retard?

Incidentally, when a SS cult retard calls someone else's advice
'fraudulent', it is the height of irony.

Of course, SS won't get you hurt, it forces you to use such pussy
weights, you can't possibly get hurt. Neither will you get strong or big.

Apparently, SS will turn you into a loudmouthed retard, though. It seems
to be all the SS guys are good at: shooting their mouth off. they sure
as **** haven't ever accomplished anything in any sport or activity to
speak of.

Lyle

Old August 17th 04, 07:40 AM
John HUDSON

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 01:21:49 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Trozer" wrote in message
. com...
(Keith Hobman) wrote in message

In article 4u4Uc.267343$%[email protected]_s01, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Keith Hobman" wrote

(stracy5) wrote:

[...]

NO!! Not the dreaded alleged "killfiles"!! Aaarrrgggggggg............

Does this mean that you are a snug smug cosy cabal exclusionist little
silly old prick?

Has it occurred to you Lee that you are a **** (I'm sure I've told you
before) and your fantasy playground fraternity is really quite
laughable? You will need to address your own shortcomings old lad
before anyone will show any inclination to take you seriously.

It is apparent that your sour disposition is due to your inability to
fart at will, due to the blockage your piles create at the exit
point. Get one of your chums to don a rubber glove and with the aid of
a jar of Vaseline shove them up the higher reaches of your back
passage - no Lee, not the rear entrance to your trailer, the orifice
from whence you do all your communicating!!