Clapping pushups, ow.

Old August 3rd 03, 02:24 PM
Mistress Krista

Default Clapping pushups, ow.

"Theresa" wrote in message
www.stumptuous.com/pushup.html

Well, I did 20 guy pushups, so I figured I'd try clapping pushups.

Actually, double clapping pushups: spring up, clap hands together, land,
face and chest slap floor.

Owie. Oh, the ignominy. Oh, the bloody nose.

Now I *really* want to do them. ;-) Maybe not after 20 regular pushups,
though.

They look easy. They are not. I tried them after watching a collegiate
swimmer knock off a bunch of them. I discovered that there was a reason she
was a collegiate athlete and I am not. I did manage a few, though, with no
face planting. Now if I could just get the hang of one-hand pushups.
*thud*

Krista

--
--------------------
www.stumptuous.com/weights.html

Old August 3rd 03, 02:32 PM
Jezz

"Theresa" wrote
Well, I did 20 guy pushups, so I figured I'd try clapping pushups.

Well done

Actually, double clapping pushups: spring up, clap hands together, land,
face and chest slap floor.

Owie. Oh, the ignominy. Oh, the bloody nose.

Now I *really* want to do them. ;-) Maybe not after 20 regular pushups,
though.

Oh, I can so sympathise!.... once, (after a couple of beers) I decided to
ermm "butch up"( actually I think I might have been "dumbing down") and
decided I was going to drop into an explosive pushup from a standing
position....managed to lose focus half way down( saw something shiny
....unfortunately it was my belt and I was wearing it)and landed heavily on
my hairline. I had a hyoooge egg on my head for days and I had to call in
concussed for an exam, the next day.....complete with explaination...this
could explain my bizarre problem with explosive pushups I now have.....
subconsious aversion... then again it could be my lack of speed and strength
when pushing.....

Old August 3rd 03, 03:03 PM
Tom Morley

Mistress Krista wrote:
"Theresa" wrote in message

www.stumptuous.com/pushup.html

Well, I did 20 guy pushups, so I figured I'd try clapping pushups.

Actually, double clapping pushups: spring up, clap hands together, land,
face and chest slap floor.

Owie. Oh, the ignominy. Oh, the bloody nose.

Now I *really* want to do them. ;-) Maybe not after 20 regular pushups,
though.

They look easy. They are not. I tried them after watching a collegiate
swimmer knock off a bunch of them. I discovered that there was a reason she
was a collegiate athlete and I am not. I did manage a few, though, with no
face planting. Now if I could just get the hang of one-hand pushups.
*thud*

Krista

How about one handed clapping pushups?

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

--
Tom Morley | Same roads
| Same rights
| Same rules
AIM: DocTDM

Old August 3rd 03, 03:03 PM
Tom Morley

Mistress Krista wrote:
"Theresa" wrote in message

www.stumptuous.com/pushup.html

Well, I did 20 guy pushups, so I figured I'd try clapping pushups.

Actually, double clapping pushups: spring up, clap hands together, land,
face and chest slap floor.

Owie. Oh, the ignominy. Oh, the bloody nose.

Now I *really* want to do them. ;-) Maybe not after 20 regular pushups,
though.

They look easy. They are not. I tried them after watching a collegiate
swimmer knock off a bunch of them. I discovered that there was a reason she
was a collegiate athlete and I am not. I did manage a few, though, with no
face planting. Now if I could just get the hang of one-hand pushups.
*thud*

Krista

How about one handed clapping pushups?

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

--
Tom Morley | Same roads
| Same rights
| Same rules
AIM: DocTDM

Old August 3rd 03, 03:10 PM
Robert Dorf

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 09:03:26 -0400, Tom Morley
wrote:

Mistress Krista wrote:
"Theresa" wrote in message

www.stumptuous.com/pushup.html

Well, I did 20 guy pushups, so I figured I'd try clapping pushups.

Actually, double clapping pushups: spring up, clap hands together, land,
face and chest slap floor.

Owie. Oh, the ignominy. Oh, the bloody nose.

Now I *really* want to do them. ;-) Maybe not after 20 regular pushups,
though.

They look easy. They are not. I tried them after watching a collegiate
swimmer knock off a bunch of them. I discovered that there was a reason she
was a collegiate athlete and I am not. I did manage a few, though, with no
face planting. Now if I could just get the hang of one-hand pushups.
*thud*

Krista

How about one handed clapping pushups?

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

"Cl." The other hand makes the "Ap."
-Pratchett

Old August 3rd 03, 04:42 PM
Lee Michaels

"Tom Morley" wrote

How about one handed clapping pushups?

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

In this particular case, it would be the sound of bones breaking when your
face hit the floor.