On transferring entries

Old February 27th 05, 04:28 PM
Harold Buck

Default On transferring entries

A while back, we had a long discussion on rec.sport.triathlon about
entry transfer policies, and some people argued that it just wasn't
practical for race directors to implement such a policy.

For the Indianapolis 500 Festival MiniMarathon, they've implemented an
online program for transfers: the original entrant collects $60 from the
new entrant, pays a $20 fee online, enters the new entrant's address,
and the new entrant gets mailed an entry form (for which they owe no
additional fees). The original entrant gets their $40 back and the new
entrant gets a prized spot in the race for an extra $20. The race
organizers get $20 for essentially no work. Everyone comes out ahead.

BTW, this race sells out with 30,000 people, so I don't think there are
any triathlons who can say "Well, our race is too big to do that!" :-)

--Harold Buck

"I used to rock and roll all night,
and party every day.
Then it was every other day. . . ."