I voted, cancelling out Jim's vote

Old October 25th 04, 11:09 PM
David Cohen

Default I voted, cancelling out Jim's vote

Obviously, mostly Republicans. But, I did vote for Senator Harry Reid,
Democrat minority whip. Little states like Nevada don't have much power in
national politics, so, when one of our own achieves said power, we like to
keep them. Reid gets lots of Republican votes. Just like in the 1980's,
Nevada Republican Senator Paul Laxalt got lots of Democratic votes, since,
as Ronald Reagan's best friend, he wielded a disproportionate amount of
power and influence.

My dead relatives will be voted in the next few days.

Old October 25th 04, 11:14 PM
Jim

No,David..I voted first..I canceled out John William's vote. Its Florida and
Ohio that are battleground. Anyways..are they voting in Nevada now?

Jim

Old October 25th 04, 11:42 PM
Jim

I have one question for anyone who cares to answer. Especially righties.
Cant you safely say the whole liberal media thing is overblown and now we
have a problem with conservative talk radio and Fox news. I mean..come
on..if there was a tv station like Fox but slanted liberal..you guys would
be screaming holy hell. Hey..if your a conservative..you like
it...but..dammit..its not a good thing. The problem is..Fox says they are
fair and balanced...they are not and I fear some people watch and are fooled
to vote for Bush cuz they are getting one side.

Jim

Old October 26th 04, 03:01 AM
John M. Williams

"Jim" wrote:

No,David..I voted first..I canceled out John William's vote. Its Florida and
Ohio that are battleground. Anyways..are they voting in Nevada now?

A Florida vote has absolutely nothing to do with an Ohio vote in the
electoral college.

Here's what your Florida vote is up against:

CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll
October 21-24
768 likely voters, +/-4% points
Bush:51% Kerry:43%

Just thought I'd share that with you.
Old October 26th 04, 03:05 AM
Proton Soup

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:01:50 -0400, John M. Williams
wrote:

"Jim" wrote:

No,David..I voted first..I canceled out John William's vote. Its Florida and
Ohio that are battleground. Anyways..are they voting in Nevada now?

A Florida vote has absolutely nothing to do with an Ohio vote in the
electoral college.

Here's what your Florida vote is up against:

CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll
October 21-24
768 likely voters, +/-4% points
Bush:51% Kerry:43%

Just thought I'd share that with you.

RCP average has Bush by 3.1%. Bush has also pulled way ahead in the
battleground states.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/bush_vs_kerry.html

-----------
Proton Soup

"Thanks for noticing that I didn't actually say anything." - Mike Lane
Old October 26th 04, 03:06 AM
John M. Williams

"Jim" wrote:
I have one question for anyone who cares to answer. Especially righties.
Cant you safely say the whole liberal media thing is overblown and now we
have a problem with conservative talk radio and Fox news.

It's called "CNN."

Are you too cheap to get cable?
Old October 26th 04, 03:20 AM
Jim

"John M. Williams" wrote in message
"Jim" wrote:
I have one question for anyone who cares to answer. Especially righties.
Cant you safely say the whole liberal media thing is overblown and now we
have a problem with conservative talk radio and Fox news.

It's called "CNN."

Are you too cheap to get cable?

I have cable.look at my addy..comcast. I spend alot of time on the road
listening to talk radio.

Jim

Old October 26th 04, 10:59 PM
bolt thrower

: it...but..dammit..its not a good thing. The problem is..Fox says they are
: fair and balanced...they are not and I fear some people watch and are fooled
: to vote for Bush cuz they are getting one side.

I watch Fox -- exclusively -- and I have not been fooled into voting for
either Kerry or Bush. I'm not voting for either of them, because they're
both tools.

Old October 27th 04, 03:07 AM
Proton Soup

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:59:02 +0000 (UTC), bolt thrower
wrote:

: it...but..dammit..its not a good thing. The problem is..Fox says they are
: fair and balanced...they are not and I fear some people watch and are fooled
: to vote for Bush cuz they are getting one side.

I watch Fox -- exclusively -- and I have not been fooled into voting for
either Kerry or Bush. I'm not voting for either of them, because they're
both tools.

Choose Nader. He's nobody's tool.