whats wrong ? ideas?

Old September 8th 03, 04:33 PM
Anu

Default whats wrong ? ideas?

I know I sound very impatient but I jsut want to make sure Im not on a wrong
track here..
I started dieting a week ago.. and since then nothing has happened in fact
it almost feels as if
I have gained! I have eaten only clear soups.. very small amounts of rye
crackers (3 daily with the soup)
No additional meat or anything.. a couple of apples a day and carrots..
Doesnt that sound like I should
be losing? I havent eaten anything of the plan so thats not it... I havent
felt hungry either though..
Oh!! and yes.. to this I also started running.. I have ran 3 times 1 hour
since I started...

Any ideas? am I too impatient or am I doing something wrong and big time!!?

=(

Anu

Old September 8th 03, 04:53 PM
Robert Dorf

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 18:33:17 +0300, "Anu" wrote:

I know I sound very impatient but I jsut want to make sure Im not on a wrong
track here..
I started dieting a week ago.. and since then nothing has happened in fact
it almost feels as if
I have gained! I have eaten only clear soups.. very small amounts of rye
crackers (3 daily with the soup)
No additional meat or anything.. a couple of apples a day and carrots..
Doesnt that sound like I should
be losing? I havent eaten anything of the plan so thats not it... I havent
felt hungry either though..
Oh!! and yes.. to this I also started running.. I have ran 3 times 1 hour
since I started...

Any ideas? am I too impatient or am I doing something wrong and big time!!?

=(

Anu

You may be trolling, but what the heck;

1) Buy a scale. Use it. "Feels" means very little.

2) If you're not joking, your diet is suicidally stupid.

3) Read this, read the rest of the site, think, come back.

www.stumptuous.com/dieting101.html

www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
Old September 8th 03, 05:02 PM
Anu

Yes I know it looks too little.. I was suppose to do that for two weeks. Not
a real diet..
kind getting started and then count calories the "right" way. I dont intend
to starve myself=)

"Robert Dorf" kirjoitti viestissä
news

Old September 8th 03, 06:07 PM
Slambram

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 18:33:17 +0300, "Anu" wrote:

I know I sound very impatient but I jsut want to make sure Im not on a wrong
track here..
I started dieting a week ago.. and since then nothing has happened in fact
it almost feels as if
I have gained! I have eaten only clear soups.. very small amounts of rye
crackers (3 daily with the soup)
No additional meat or anything.. a couple of apples a day and carrots..
Doesnt that sound like I should
be losing? I havent eaten anything of the plan so thats not it... I havent
felt hungry either though..
Oh!! and yes.. to this I also started running.. I have ran 3 times 1 hour
since I started...

Any ideas? am I too impatient or am I doing something wrong and big time!!?

=(

Anu

It dounds like you're starving. See my reply to HELP ME: Haven't
Worked Out In 3 Years!!!!!!

Old September 17th 03, 01:36 AM
Jason Burnell

You're living on broth and you started running....

Normally, I'd point and laugh but I'm feeling quite unlike myself and
I'll give you a hint.. this is misc.fitness.WEIGHTS and answer you get
here that isn't cruel will likely include weights.

Oh my god..where to start..

1) You're living on broth. That isn't dieting, that is starving. You are
a few pounds of plexiglass and a urine tube away from being that idiot
in England hanging from a crane....

2) While living (if it can be called that) on broth, you've started
running for an hour at a time. Have you taken a look at people who run
for an hour at a time? Do you want to look like that? Most runners are
skinny and undefined... (note: I'm not talking sprinters or track
athletes who generally lift weights but runners... you know the people
I'm talking about.... you want to hit them with your car. Think
Ethiopian distance runner... NOW FEED HIM NOTHING BUT BROTH.

Ok... I think you are seeing that I'm trying to make a point. You are
starving yourself and running while starving. Any weight you lose will
be muscle, water and brain cells.. ok, you may lose some fat.

I have no idea what your goals are but I'm guessing that competitive
athlete isn't one of them right now. Probably lose some weight fast and
feel better is more like it.

1) Keep up the "cardio"... if nothing else it's probably good for your
heart, cholesterol or something. Runnning fo ran hour may hurt your
knees, feet and ankles so get good shoes or do other things.

2) Lift some weights. Nothing fancy but doing some resistance training 3
times a week will help you maintain, if not build, some muscle mass.
This is important because:
a) you really don't want to look like a starving jogger powered by
broth, do you? (hint: NO)
b) muscle burns more calories at than fat - the more muscle you have the
more calories you will burn at rest.
c) You will look better (related to a)
d) You will get stronger and hell.. that just feels good.

3) Get thee to a nutritionist or learn something about food and weight
control.
Protein - eat lean sources of protein - chicken breast, turkey, lean
cuts of beef,tuna, canned salmon... etc - broil bake grill - cut out
the word fry.. and you'll be ok - eat some protein at every meal

Carbs - leafy green and crunchy - will keep your digestion moving...
- whole grains - oats (oatmeal, brown rice (I do not like it)
- complex carbs - taters, yams etc
Fats - cut out fried stuff and you'll be ok - here - fish oils, flax
oils etc.

Read Fats that Heal, Fats that kill - it will help understand all the
omega 3 6 9 12 and all that fat crap....

Dude, read some books, eat some food and lift some weights....

Broth... you're eating broth and running.... that is just wrong.

--
Jason Burnell

http://www.deepsquatter.com

Old September 17th 03, 03:30 AM
Wayne S. Hill

Jason Burnell wrote:

You're living on broth and you started running....

Normally, I'd point and laugh but I'm feeling quite unlike
myself and I'll give you a hint.. this is
misc.fitness.WEIGHTS and answer you get here that isn't
cruel will likely include weights.

Oh my god..where to start..

1) You're living on broth. That isn't dieting, that is
starving. You are a few pounds of plexiglass and a urine
tube away from being that idiot in England hanging from a
crane....

2) While living (if it can be called that) on broth, you've
started running for an hour at a time... Think
Ethiopian distance runner... NOW FEED HIM NOTHING BUT BROTH.

2) Lift some weights. Nothing fancy but doing some
resistance training 3 times a week will help you maintain,
if not build, some muscle mass. This is important because:
a) you really don't want to look like a starving jogger
powered by broth, do you? (hint: NO)

3) Get thee to a nutritionist or learn something about food
and weight control.
Protein - eat lean sources of protein - chicken breast,
turkey, lean cuts of beef,tuna, canned salmon... etc -
broil bake grill - cut out the word fry.. and you'll be ok
- eat some protein at every meal

Dude, read some books, eat some food and lift some
weights....

Broth... you're eating broth and running.... that is just
wrong.

So, what you're saying is that the broth idea was good, right?

--
-Wayne
Old September 17th 03, 03:35 AM
David Cohen

"Wayne S. Hill" wrote
Jason Burnell wrote:

[...]

Oh, so broth is good? What about soup?

They say soup is good food. Is that true?

Is broth just soup without stuff in it? If a fly falls in my broth,
does it become soup?

"This is the worse forum alive."- kev2112

Old September 17th 03, 03:37 AM
Wayne S. Hill

David Cohen wrote:

"Wayne S. Hill" wrote
Jason Burnell wrote:

Broth... you're eating broth and running.... that is just
wrong.

So, what you're saying is that the broth idea was good,
right?

Oh, so broth is good? What about soup?

They say soup is good food. Is that true?

Is broth just soup without stuff in it? If a fly falls in my
broth, does it become soup?

Jason's a purist: he insists on clear broth. Nothing but broth.

--
-Wayne

brotharean
Old September 17th 03, 03:53 AM
Proton Soup

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 02:35:42 GMT, "David Cohen"
wrote:

"Wayne S. Hill" wrote
Jason Burnell wrote:

Dude, read some books, eat some food and lift some
weights....

Broth... you're eating broth and running.... that is just
wrong.

So, what you're saying is that the broth idea was good, right?

Oh, so broth is good? What about soup?

They say soup is good food. Is that true?

Well, that really depends on the soup, doesn't it?
Some soup are no good at all.

Is broth just soup without stuff in it? If a fly falls in my broth,
does it become soup?

No, it's still a fly.

Proton Soup
Old September 17th 03, 04:12 AM
David Cohen

"Proton Soup" wrote
"David Cohen" wrote:
"Wayne S. Hill" wrote
Jason Burnell wrote:

Dude, read some books, eat some food and lift some
weights....

Broth... you're eating broth and running.... that is just
wrong.

So, what you're saying is that the broth idea was good, right?

Oh, so broth is good? What about soup?

They say soup is good food. Is that true?

Well, that really depends on the soup, doesn't it?
Some soup are no good at all.

Not new clear chicken soup!

I can't trust your opinion. You're prejudiced.

Is broth just soup without stuff in it? If a fly falls in my broth,
does it become soup?

No, it's still a fly.

Ah. Now I understand.

If an anti-proton falls into you, do you self-annihilate?

Can self-annihilation cause hairy palms?

Proton Soup

Yes, I know. You already said that.

Spin class ideas Captain Dondo Aerobic 1 November 20th 03 07:01 PM
looking for recipe ideas SOMEone Weights 1 August 18th 03 02:27 AM