goggles good for open-water sighting?

Old September 10th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.sport.triathlon,rec.sport.swimming
[email protected]

Default goggles good for open-water sighting?

are there any goggle designs out there w/ a design that lets you see
forward w/ lifting all of your head out of the water? seems in most
cases, a slight lift of your head gives your eyes enough clearance to
see where you need to go except that's right where the seam around the
perimiter of the lens is.

anything w/ a clear, slightly upward facing supplemental lens area to
help w/ sighting?

ideally in a "normal" sized goggle...i've seen those big ones, and they
look dorky.

Old September 13th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.sport.triathlon,rec.sport.swimming
[email protected]

Hi...we are a swim shop based out of Colorado. We have people that ask
this question all of the time. We have found that the best selling
goggle for open water swimming is the TYR X-Sight. It is slightly
bigger than a "normal" size goggle but does not look ridiculous on the
face. I hope this helps. Here is a link to the goggle I'm talking
about.

http://www.kompetitiveedge.com/produ...atID=13&PID=67

Jared

didgerman wrote:
wrote:
are there any goggle designs out there w/ a design that lets you see
forward w/ lifting all of your head out of the water? seems in most
cases, a slight lift of your head gives your eyes enough clearance to
see where you need to go except that's right where the seam around the
perimiter of the lens is.

anything w/ a clear, slightly upward facing supplemental lens area to
help w/ sighting?

ideally in a "normal" sized goggle...i've seen those big ones, and they
look dorky.

Barracuda Standard for you mate.....

Old September 14th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.sport.triathlon,rec.sport.swimming
Tom Henderson

Martin Smith wrote in
:

A scuba mask won't work in a rough water race. The waves will pull it
off.

Not to mention a good elbow or foot to the face...
Old September 21st 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.sport.triathlon,rec.sport.swimming
Liz D

wrote:
Hi...we are a swim shop based out of Colorado. We have people that ask
this question all of the time. We have found that the best selling
goggle for open water swimming is the TYR X-Sight. It is slightly
bigger than a "normal" size goggle but does not look ridiculous on the
face. I hope this helps. Here is a link to the goggle I'm talking
about.

http://www.kompetitiveedge.com/produ...atID=13&PID=67

Jared

I've never seen those goggles before. Are they new? We tend to have
different ranges of products available in New Zealand, so they may not
be available here.

They look well worth a try. I think the neoprene foam gasket is a
greta idea, both for fit/comfort and also warmth in colder water.

Liz D