high blood pressure

Old April 23rd 07, 08:41 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
mike avera

Default high blood pressure

ive just been diagnosed with hbp.they put me on meds but didnt tell me i
had to stop lifting. i also need to get my heart checked out(stress
test, etc) cuz ive been feeling odd lately. ive been avoiding the gym
cuz im afraid to really push myself hard like i normally do. anyone else
had similar issues? did you cut the intensity? avoid stimulants? any
advice is welcome..thanks

Old April 23rd 07, 12:29 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Curt

[email protected] (mike avera) wrote:

ive just been diagnosed with hbp.they
put me on meds but didnt tell me i
had to stop lifting. i also need to get
my heart checked out(stress test,
etc) cuz ive been feeling odd lately.
ive been avoiding the gym cuz im
afraid to really push myself hard like
i normally do. anyone else had
similar issues? did you cut the
intensity? avoid stimulants? any
advice is welcome..thanks

Follow your doctor's recommendations, of course, but you may also want
to check out _The High Blood Pressure Solution: A Scientifically
Proven Program for Preventing Strokes and Heart Disease_ by Richard D.
Moore, M.D., Ph.D. http://www.amazon.com/High-Blood-Pre.../dp/0892819758
aka http://tinyurl.com/2jz3q8

What was your blood pressure reading prior to the doc putting you on
meds? Fortunately, I never reached the point where any doctor
recommended I go on medication. The one was leaning towards it, but
gave me six months to bring it down via cardio and diet.

Did you try cardio and dietary changes prior to going on meds? What's
your career or job? I ask simply to get an idea of stress levels.

Best of luck. Please post a follow-up.

--
Curt

Old April 23rd 07, 06:19 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides

"mike avera" wrote in message
ive just been diagnosed with hbp.they put me on meds but didnt tell me
had to stop lifting. i also need to get my heart checked out(stress
test, etc) cuz ive been feeling odd lately. ive been avoiding the gym
cuz im afraid to really push myself hard like i normally do. anyone
else
had similar issues? did you cut the intensity? avoid stimulants? any
advice is welcome..thanks

What you should and should not do now in the gym is a question for your
doctor, not this newsgroup. Likewise the question about avoid
stimulants - ask your doctor. When you have a question about how to do
something your doctor has OK'ed you doing, come back here.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old April 23rd 07, 06:42 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"Steve Freides" wrote in message
"mike avera" wrote in message
ive just been diagnosed with hbp.they put me on meds but didnt tell me i
had to stop lifting. i also need to get my heart checked out(stress
test, etc) cuz ive been feeling odd lately. ive been avoiding the gym
cuz im afraid to really push myself hard like i normally do. anyone else
had similar issues? did you cut the intensity? avoid stimulants? any
advice is welcome..thanks

What you should and should not do now in the gym is a question for your
doctor, not this newsgroup. Likewise the question about avoid
stimulants - ask your doctor. When you have a question about how to do
something your doctor has OK'ed you doing, come back here.

That's good advice Steve. You're not as dumb as everyone seems to think

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old April 24th 07, 05:55 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Hard Bop Drums

"mike avera" wrote in message
ive just been diagnosed with hbp.they put me on meds but didnt tell me i
had to stop lifting. i also need to get my heart checked out(stress
test, etc) cuz ive been feeling odd lately. ive been avoiding the gym
cuz im afraid to really push myself hard like i normally do. anyone else
had similar issues? did you cut the intensity? avoid stimulants? any
advice is welcome..thanks

If you are properly medicated, there should be no reason for you to quit
working out. Exercise is good for you BP. I would talk to your MD about
this. I had a kidney transplant and am on 3 different BP meds and they don't
hurt my workouts at all.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Sitting in an Empty Boat with Penduluming Knees Was ...with Lifted Knees Ozzie Gontang Running 22 June 17th 05 08:05 PM
blood pressure vs. salt intake Lee Carkenord Running 11 August 13th 04 03:47 AM
Some calculations Oldman Weights 68 February 13th 04 09:01 PM
New, old and lazy Bob Weights 300 January 29th 04 01:34 PM
Lower Blood Pressure? RunFun03 Aerobic 10 October 15th 03 06:47 AM