Florescent Nutrient-Rich ****!

Old August 20th 07, 09:23 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights,sci.med.nutrition,alt.support.diet,sci.bio.food-science,alt.forsale.nutrition
Prisoner at War

Default Florescent Nutrient-Rich ****!

Ah...so I'm using creatine and protein powders to see whether they
work for me, and in addition I figured, why not throw in a good multi-
vitamin and mineral pill, too.

So far (three weeks) I've gained ten pounds of water weight from the
creatine and expanded my biceps measurement by half an inch -- !! But
the multi-vitamin and mineral pills, Opti-Men from Optimum Nutrition,
which are taken three times a day, have got to be the strongest
concoctions ever: my **** glows in the dark!

I think the protein or creatine has me ****ing more often...but the
vitamin pills, which smell like herbal medicine (like a traditional
Chinese apothecary or something), have got it a very deep florescent
color, so yellow it's almost green!

So...I guess my diet wasn't all that lacking in vitamins and
minerals?? Even though I hardly eat fruits or vegetables. (Yes, I do
take them pills with food.)

Speaking of which:

http://www.reuters.com/article/healt...36012020070814

Seems to suggest that vitamin pills are NOT useful AT ALL.

Well, I guess we can be thankful that they're harmless, at least.

It's been an interesting journey...I got into this supplements stuff
because I fear that old age is catching up with me...but looking into
supplementation has now made me much more conscious of my diet! In
looking to supplementation, it turns out that the best supplementation
of all is good old-fashioned fresh whole foods! I'd found uncooked
vegetables boring before, but now I don't mind because I think of them
as "supplements," like pills, only I have to chew them (which is
boring, but...).....

So I guess after my two months' supply (180 tablets) of Opti-Men
bodybuilding vitamins and minerals are used up, I won't be dabbling in
vitamins anymore.

I hope protein powders work better....

Old August 22nd 07, 01:16 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
[email protected]

On Aug 20, 4:23 pm, Prisoner at War wrote:
I think the protein or creatine has me ****ing more often...but the
vitamin pills, which smell like herbal medicine (like a traditional
Chinese apothecary or something), have got it a very deep florescent
color, so yellow it's almost green!

So...I guess my diet wasn't all that lacking in vitamins and
minerals?? Even though I hardly eat fruits or vegetables. (Yes, I do
take them pills with food.)

Seems to suggest that vitamin pills are NOT useful AT ALL.

Well, I guess we can be thankful that they're harmless, at least.

it's probably the b vitamins that are doing that to your ****. and,
yes, if you're ****ing that much out it means you're not deficient in
them. just like 99% of all people who take vitamin pills--you don't
need them.

you can't be thankful they're harmless because you don't know what's
in them. there was a study that found a significant number of vitamin
pills had MORE than the label value of specific nutrients. that
doesn't matter much if it's practically non-toxic...like vitamin c.
but, what if it's 100,000 IU of vitamin a? that's dangerous. there
are plenty of vitamins, not to mention minerals, that are not good for
you if you take too much.

and, what if the calcium carbonate they use is high in uranium? my
chemist ex-girlfriend did a study in college to test the levels of
uranium in otc calcium supplements. i can't remember which brand or
source had the most, but it was unsettling.

Old August 22nd 07, 03:07 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Zen Cohen

wrote in message

and, what if the calcium carbonate they use is high in uranium? my
chemist ex-girlfriend did a study in college to test the levels of
uranium in otc calcium supplements. i can't remember which brand or
source had the most, but it was unsettling.

That's interesting. I had a hair analysis done recently and it showed higher
than normal uranium levels, and I take calcium supps (I think it's
carbonate). Also showed I was low in iron, which is pretty unusual for men.
One of the causes, they said, is too much black tea, the tannin of which
limits absorption. Sure enough, I drink a lot of black tea, so have to cut
back on that.

What is a Nutrient ? Phii Weights 2 August 5th 07 02:19 PM
Get Rich Daun Johnson Walking 0 January 31st 06 06:11 AM
Get Rich Daun Johnson General 0 January 31st 06 06:11 AM
Get Rich Daun Johnson Aerobic 0 January 31st 06 06:11 AM
Low Volume / High Nutrient Foods [email protected] Weights 2 March 14th 05 05:05 PM