Historic maps from Anquet - if you're interested.

Old May 13th 09, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Jhimmy

Default Historic maps from Anquet - if you're interested.

Just recieved Anquet's newsletter and they've now got historic maps
available.

Ordnance Survey 1805-1874 - 19th Century Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1896-1904 - Victorian Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1919-1926 - Inter-War Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1945-48 - Post-War Landscapes

I've posted this just in case anyone's interested and doesn't have Anquet -
not sure if Memory-map have a similar offering.

Jhimmy

Old May 14th 09, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Martin Richardson

In message , Fran
writes
said...
Just recieved Anquet's newsletter and they've now got historic maps
available.

Ordnance Survey 1805-1874 - 19th Century Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1896-1904 - Victorian Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1919-1926 - Inter-War Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1945-48 - Post-War Landscapes

I've posted this just in case anyone's interested and doesn't have Anquet -
not sure if Memory-map have a similar offering.

Thanks Jhimmy - that sounds like the very thing I've been looking for. I
shall investigate

You planning to walk backwards?

--
Martin Richardson
56/220 Corbetts - 25% 772/1555 Marilyns - 49.6%

Old May 14th 09, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Rodders[_2_]

"Jhimmy" wrote in message
Just recieved Anquet's newsletter and they've now got historic maps
available.

Ordnance Survey 1805-1874 - 19th Century Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1896-1904 - Victorian Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1919-1926 - Inter-War Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1945-48 - Post-War Landscapes

I've posted this just in case anyone's interested and doesn't have
Anquet - not sure if Memory-map have a similar offering.

Jhimmy

Oh, surprise surprise, only covers England & Wales

http://www.memory-map.co.uk/historical/

Rodders

Old May 14th 09, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Jhimmy

"Martin Richardson" wrote in message
In message , Fran
writes
said...
Just recieved Anquet's newsletter and they've now got historic maps
available.

Ordnance Survey 1805-1874 - 19th Century Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1896-1904 - Victorian Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1919-1926 - Inter-War Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1945-48 - Post-War Landscapes

I've posted this just in case anyone's interested and doesn't have
Anquet -
not sure if Memory-map have a similar offering.

Thanks Jhimmy - that sounds like the very thing I've been looking for. I
shall investigate

You planning to walk backwards?

--
Martin Richardson
56/220 Corbetts - 25% 772/1555 Marilyns - 49.6%
118/211 Irish Hewitts - 56% 107/118 New Donalds - 91%

Old maps can be useful for local historians and also for proof of old rights
of way.

Jhimmy

Old May 15th 09, 02:44 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Phil Cook[_2_]

Fran wrote:

said...
In message , Fran
writes
said...
Just recieved Anquet's newsletter and they've now got historic maps
available.

Ordnance Survey 1805-1874 - 19th Century Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1896-1904 - Victorian Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1919-1926 - Inter-War Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1945-48 - Post-War Landscapes

I've posted this just in case anyone's interested and doesn't have Anquet -
not sure if Memory-map have a similar offering.

Thanks Jhimmy - that sounds like the very thing I've been looking for. I
shall investigate

You planning to walk backwards?

For Christmas, over the Irish Sea? No. But where I live has changed a
heck of a lot over the last hundred or so years, including the creation
and disintegration of several coalmines, railway lines, tunnels etc.
It's fascinating to see what was where and how it all fits in.

Some older OS mapping is available online here
http://www.ponies.me.uk/maps/osmap.html

For Scotland the Popular One Inch is available from the National
Library of Scotland site http://geo.nls.uk/popular/index.html
--
Phil Cook, last hill: Sgurr na Banachdich
http://www.therewaslight.co.uk
Old May 15th 09, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Dominic Sexton

In article , Fran
writes
said...
Just recieved Anquet's newsletter and they've now got historic maps
available.

Ordnance Survey 1805-1874 - 19th Century Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1896-1904 - Victorian Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1919-1926 - Inter-War Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1945-48 - Post-War Landscapes

I've posted this just in case anyone's interested and doesn't have Anquet -
not sure if Memory-map have a similar offering.

Thanks Jhimmy - that sounds like the very thing I've been looking for. I
shall investigate

You may also be interested in this site then :-)

http://www.old-maps.co.uk/

--

Dominic Sexton
Old May 15th 09, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Jhimmy

For Scotland the Popular One Inch is available from the National
Library of Scotland site http://geo.nls.uk/popular/index.html
--
Phil Cook, last hill: Sgurr na Banachdich
http://www.therewaslight.co.uk

That's an interesting site, Phil. Never seen it before. Mmm...strange how
they call Schiehallion - SCHICHALLION

Jhimmy

Old May 15th 09, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Martin Richardson

In message , Jhimmy
writes

For Scotland the Popular One Inch is available from the National
Library of Scotland site http://geo.nls.uk/popular/index.html
-- Phil Cook, last hill: Sgurr na Banachdich
http://www.therewaslight.co.uk

That's an interesting site, Phil. Never seen it before. Mmm...strange
how they call Schiehallion - SCHICHALLION

Jhimmy

I think Phil has linked us to this site before many moons ago. As for
the maps - looks very much like my collection of paper maps :-)

Old May 15th 09, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Jhimmy

I think Phil has linked us to this site before many moons ago. As for
the maps - looks very much like my collection of paper maps :-)

--
Martin Richardson
56/220 Corbetts - 25% 772/1555 Marilyns - 49.6%
118/211 Irish Hewitts - 56% 107/118 New Donalds - 91%

I am a mountain and hill bagger, Martin, not a bookmark bagger ;-)

Jhimmy
Old May 16th 09, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Bill Grey

In message , Fran
writes
said...
In message , Fran
writes
said...
Just recieved Anquet's newsletter and they've now got historic maps
available.

Ordnance Survey 1805-1874 - 19th Century Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1896-1904 - Victorian Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1919-1926 - Inter-War Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1945-48 - Post-War Landscapes

I've posted this just in case anyone's interested and doesn't have
Anquet -
not sure if Memory-map have a similar offering.

Thanks Jhimmy - that sounds like the very thing I've been looking for. I
shall investigate

You planning to walk backwards?

For Christmas, over the Irish Sea? No. But where I live has changed a
heck of a lot over the last hundred or so years, including the creation
and disintegration of several coalmines, railway lines, tunnels etc.
It's fascinating to see what was where and how it all fits in.

Fran

I remember it well :-)
--
Bill Grey

Anquet maps Deanie Walking in the UK 1 October 2nd 06 12:37 AM
using anquet maps Scott Walking in the UK 2 August 31st 04 01:02 AM
Anquet Maps Andy Laycock Walking in the UK 39 May 24th 04 09:59 PM
Anquet Maps on a Mac Michael Poole Walking in the UK 1 April 20th 04 08:01 PM
New Anquet Maps theo Walking in the UK 2 March 17th 04 02:46 PM