Bus Service Over Holme Moss ??

Old August 13th 09, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Gordon H[_3_]

Default Bus Service Over Holme Moss ??

My walking companion has been planning a walk starting near the Holme
Moss transmitter, to be accessed using public transport. Neither of us
can find whether there is a bus service which goes past the Holme Moss
Tx.

Anyone know of one? I tried online travel sites but their
suggestion was to get the train from Manchester to Uddersfield. :-)

Bus travel is free, trains isn't.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old August 13th 09, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Dominic Sexton

In article , Gordon H
writes
My walking companion has been planning a walk starting near the Holme
Moss transmitter, to be accessed using public transport. Neither of
us can find whether there is a bus service which goes past the Holme
Moss Tx.

Anyone know of one? I tried online travel sites but their
suggestion was to get the train from Manchester to Uddersfield. :-)

Bus travel is free, trains isn't.

Weekends only it seems:

http://www.derbysbus.info/times/time...51H_090725.pdf

--

Dominic Sexton
Old August 13th 09, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Nigel[_2_]

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 17:16:33 +0100, Dominic Sexton
wrote:

In article , Gordon H
writes
My walking companion has been planning a walk starting near the Holme
Moss transmitter, to be accessed using public transport. Neither of
us can find whether there is a bus service which goes past the Holme
Moss Tx.

Anyone know of one? I tried online travel sites but their
suggestion was to get the train from Manchester to Uddersfield. :-)

Bus travel is free, trains isn't.

Weekends only it seems:

http://www.derbysbus.info/times/time...51H_090725.pdf

Otherwise there's an hourly service from Huddersfield railway station
to Holme village
http://www.wymetro.com/NR/rdonlyres/...stimetable.pdf

I don't think there are any regular bus services along the Woodhead
Pass but National Express coach service NX350 stops at Langsett and
Crowden.

Nigel
replace SPAMHATER with n and t*sc*li with totalise
Old August 14th 09, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Gordon H[_3_]

In message
, Ted
writes

Gordon H wrote:
My walking companion has been planning a walk starting near the Holme
Moss transmitter, to be accessed using public transport. Neither of us
can find whether there is a bus service which goes past the Holme Moss
Tx.

But in Derbyshire your Gold Card/Bus pass gives discounted fares, try
asking at your local station for a day return leaving after 08:59.
Recently I went from Derby to Manchester by train at a cost of 10.00
on a day return ticket.
Ted

I've had the request clarified. :-)
What Jean was looking for was a bus from Holme or Holmebridge where we
can park, to take us up to the summit of Holme Moss.

Maybe she's trying to work out a downhill walk... ;-)
We do mid-week walks, so it looks like we're out of luck.

Thanks for all responses, which I'm looking at.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Sandbeds Moss Roger Walking in the UK 2 June 2nd 09 08:46 AM
For National Trust Members - White Moss Car Park John Dawson Walking in the UK 10 November 18th 07 04:53 PM
Issues Road Nr Holme W Yorkshire George Muter Walking in the UK 2 September 11th 05 09:12 PM
TR: Holme Fell and Hodge Close Sean McMahon Walking in the UK 2 March 15th 05 12:39 PM
basecamp Great Moss LD theo Walking in the UK 59 December 7th 04 01:58 AM