(Newbie) Rec for a workout program + questions

Old January 26th 05, 09:27 PM
SweetDeal

Default (Newbie) Rec for a workout program + questions

Hello, I'm male, 22, 5'9" and weight 155 lbs.

I'm going to start using my brothers inclining weight bench and dumbells
that he left behind after he moved out.

I'm new to this, so I'm not really sure what do to exactly. Should I just
lift until I feel that my arms are going to fall off? Or is better to set a
goal of say, 10 reps, and just get to that point and then stop?
Are heavier weights with less reps better than lighter weights with more
reps?

Any type of exercise recommendations using the db's would be helpful as
well.

Thanks.

Old January 26th 05, 10:06 PM
The Queen of Cans and Jars

http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
Old January 27th 05, 07:03 AM
bellfit

For the first several months, you should do about 3 workouts a week. A
workout should train all your body - whole body workout. You should do
12-6 reps, but with such weights that you cannot do more reps.
You can read more at
http://www.gymgoal.com/wabc.jsp