Best way to burn calories

Old April 10th 13, 08:08 AM
Stephanie Ingram Stephanie Ingram is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
On 11/08/11 12:38 p, Duncan Heenan wrote:
I disagree. Swimming is non weight bearing. test show that running burns
many more calories per minnute than swimming. This is also bourne out by
the fact that some very good swimmers (sepecially marathon swimmers) are
quite fat.

I agree about running over swimming (assuming that your frame can take
the punishment) but how do you define "quite fat"?
The best way to burn this excess fat is to maximize and exploit your caloric burn during each exercise.
Old June 12th 13, 02:11 PM
Helas Helas is offline
Junior Member

According to me running is better than swimming but if you swim It's mean you have also tone your body with burning calories. So That was the big reason that people prefer to do swimming.
Old September 20th 13, 02:20 PM
Martin125 Martin125 is offline
Junior Member

Exercise is the best way to burn the calories and get rid of all unnecessary body weight.
Set a regular workout plan for the permanent control on your weight.

Last edited by Martin125 : September 23rd 13 at 01:15 PM.
Old May 30th 14, 10:42 AM
ricky ricky is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
On 11/08/11 12:38 p, Duncan Heenan wrote:
I disagree. Swimming is non weight bearing. test show that running burns
many more calories per minnute than swimming. This is also bourne out by
the fact that some very good swimmers (sepecially marathon swimmers) are
quite fat.

I agree about running over swimming (assuming that your frame can take
the punishment) but how do you define "quite fat"?
I think we should not compare swimming with running both of these exercise play different role , however running is always better then swimming becasue in running every part of body move in a better way rather then swimming.
__________________
lakecounty

Last edited by ricky : June 2nd 14 at 07:39 AM.
Old March 30th 17, 08:55 AM
Billy Pro Billy Pro is offline
Junior Member

Running is a really good way to burn calories that I used. 10 km/a day
Old May 17th 18, 03:35 AM
Simi123 Simi123 is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation

BACK
HOW TO BURN MORE CALORIES AT THE POOL (WITHOUT SWIMMING FOR LONGER)
Want to maximise your time in the pool and burn more calories? Rev up your workout with our expert tips.

On top of its long list of health, fitness and wellbeing benefits, an hour of moderate-pace swimming burns a not-to-be-sniffed-at 500 calories an hour. Want to better that? Here’s how, with a few small tweaks to your training, you can fire up your workout and burn more calories – without spending longer in the pool.

Switch strokes and burn up to 700 calories an hour As with all sports, the length of your session and the amount of effort you put in help determine just how many calories you burn. However, by switching swimming strokes you could eat up an extra 200 calories at each swimming session. The most effective swimming strokes for calorie burning? Butterfly and breaststroke. Thanks to the full body effort it takes to perform them, nail an hour of either and you could burn a whopping 700 calories!

Try something different in the pool If you want a change from swimming laps, simple exercises like aqua running and jogging (which are harder in the pool due to the greater resistance water provides) offer a great way to burn calories. In fact, a moderate jog in the water can burn around 550 calories an hour and it works all your leg muscles too. If you feel a bit self-conscious by yourself, join a group class, such as aqua-jogging or aqua-aerobics.

Tone up and work harder using training aids Training aids, such as a pullbuoys and kickboards, allow you to focus on specific muscle groups – great if you want to tone up or work on just your upper or lower body. Choose a kickboard if you want to work your legs, or a pullbuoy to target your arms.

Reduce your rest periods If you spend more than 10% of your time in the pool resting, aim to reduce your rest periods. Resting less and swimming for longer will keep your heart rate up and help to burn calories. Setting yourself realistic goals whilst you swim, such as reducing your lap times, or swimming for longer, will help you to build momentum and give you a goal to aim for.

See you in the pool! For more training tips and swim fitness advice, including step-by-step instructional videos and tips from our elite swimming coaches, visit our News, Tips and Techniques area.