What is wrong with me*? (*physically) So much weird pain, I just want to work out...

Old March 10th 04, 01:33 AM
Jake

Default What is wrong with me*? (*physically) So much weird pain, I just want to work out...

Symptoms -

sharp, random pains in
shoulders, biceps, forearms
sometimes knees or thighs
Specifically while driving, playing guitar. Normal gripping tasks
hurt.

I took last week off from the gym to "heal" I've worked out twice this
week first workout was fine, today and yesterday not so fine, symptoms
of last week returning, but working out fest mostly fine. Yesterday
was deads, chins, shoulder press, and dips, and doing the workout felt
pretty much okay, but later I didn't feel great. The other workout
was bench, row, squat, and curls, and I only had some of that elbow
soreness from maybe going for the gusto with the curls.

I am trying (its hard tho) to pick lighter weights and not go to
failure. I use rep ranges of 8-12.

I am eating tons of food, I take a multi.

I try to practice good form. My shoulders go inward a bit during
deads, its hard not to as I have very short arms.

Rotating my arm and lifting it over my head is not painful, does this
cancel out a rotator cuff problem?

Help help help!
Thanks!

Jake
Old March 10th 04, 02:08 AM
Donovan Rebbechi

In article , Jake wrote:
Symptoms -

sharp, random pains in
shoulders, biceps, forearms
sometimes knees or thighs
Specifically while driving, playing guitar. Normal gripping tasks
hurt.

This sounds like cause for concern. I'd suggest visiting a doctor.

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

Old March 10th 04, 02:18 AM
Dally

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:
In article , Jake wrote:

Symptoms -

sharp, random pains in
shoulders, biceps, forearms
sometimes knees or thighs
Specifically while driving, playing guitar. Normal gripping tasks
hurt.

This sounds like cause for concern. I'd suggest visiting a doctor.

I was wondering if he's holding a double-bladed knife? We should rule
that out first.

Dally

Old March 10th 04, 04:37 AM
Top Sirloin

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:
In article , Jake wrote:

Symptoms -

sharp, random pains in
shoulders, biceps, forearms
sometimes knees or thighs
Specifically while driving, playing guitar. Normal gripping tasks
hurt.

This sounds like cause for concern. I'd suggest visiting a doctor.

Lyme disease? Donovan is right - go see a doctor!

--
Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com

Old March 10th 04, 05:22 AM
sooky grumper

Jake wrote:
[...]

I know little about fibromyalgia, but that's the first thing that jumped
to mind while reading this.