BBC get it wrong again

Old August 21st 03, 07:20 PM
Andy Laycock

Default BBC get it wrong again

Why not have a quick look at the BBC site at www.bbc.co.uk Does the picture
look like Windermere as the text in the mouse roll over says? I don't think
so! I would put my money on Was****er

Cheers

Andy

Old August 21st 03, 07:37 PM
Dave Newton

Think I'd risk a shilling on Was****er too.

--
Dave Newton

Lake District Walk&Photo web site
http://www.daves-lakeland-mountains.co.uk

Old August 21st 03, 09:18 PM
Chris\(tav\)

"Andy Laycock" wrote in message
Why not have a quick look at the BBC site at www.bbc.co.uk Does the

picture
look like Windermere as the text in the mouse roll over says? I don't

think
so! I would put my money on Was****er

Cheers

Andy

Hi ,
Here's a web site that may interest some , I posted the link a while ago on
another NG . Some one reminded me of it recently , It has Old Picture's of
the Lake District .

http://www.cumbrialakes.org/index.asp
Regards
Chris(tav)

Old August 21st 03, 09:43 PM
Adrian Tupper

"Paul Upham" wrote in
:

Why not have a quick look at the BBC site at www.bbc.co.uk Does the
picture
look like Windermere as the text in the mouse roll over says? I don't

think
so! I would put my money on Was****er

You must be right. Also, there is no such place as LAKE Windermere, is
there?

Indeed not. The "...mere" bit tells us it's a lake.

--
Adrian
Old August 21st 03, 09:58 PM
Fran

Paul Upham said...

Why not have a quick look at the BBC site at www.bbc.co.uk Does the picture
look like Windermere as the text in the mouse roll over says? I don't

think
so! I would put my money on Was****er

You must be right. Also, there is no such place as LAKE Windermere, is
there?

Umm, no. It's Winder*mere*, after all. IIRC there's only one
proper lake in that area?
--

Fran
The email address in the headers is now a spamtrap; however
Old August 21st 03, 10:08 PM
Paul Upham

Umm, no. It's Winder*mere*, after all. IIRC there's only one
proper lake in that area?
--
Fran

Exactly Fran (plus everyone else who agreed!) This is exactly what I teach
the groups of youngsters I take to the Lakes every year. My question at the
beginning of the week, sets them a task - found out how many lakes there in
the LD. At the end of the week, I see how they have done. Very very few get
the Q correct!

PU

Old August 21st 03, 10:10 PM
Paul Rooney

On 21 Aug 2003 19:43:30 GMT, Adrian Tupper
wrote:

Indeed not. The "...mere" bit tells us it's a lake.

But I've driven through Windermere many times.

--
Paul
100 Wainwrights

Walking in the Lake District:
http://paulrooney.netfirms.com
Updated 17 August 03
Old August 21st 03, 10:20 PM
Paul Upham

But I've driven through Windermere many times.

Ah! But that was MEREly the town!

PU

Old August 21st 03, 10:29 PM
Bob Scarfe

I've only been to Was****er once and it sure looks that's where this
"photo"is of. It dose not take to many fingers to count all the Lake"s" in
the E.L.D. Bob

Old August 21st 03, 10:42 PM
Martin Richardson

In article , Paul Upham
writes

But I've driven through Windermere many times.

Ah! But that was MEREly the town!

And I hope the winder was clean so you could see where you were going.

--
Martin Richardson

216/284 Munros (32/34 'Furths')
27/89 Donalds 377/1552 Marilyns 439/439 Nuttalls

OT, now this is just wrong, but funny! Will Brink Weights 0 March 28th 04 12:52 AM
Help, what am I doing wrong" Don Weights 1 December 19th 03 02:53 PM
What's wrong with this picture? Keith Hobman Weights 0 November 4th 03 10:37 PM
whats wrong ? ideas? Anu Weights 16 September 17th 03 08:44 AM
Girls, why do you post to this group? Why so few of us? Whats wrong? Christopher L J Francis Walking in the UK 0 August 8th 03 11:19 AM