You were right, and I was wrong

Old September 16th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.running
Michelle

Default You were right, and I was wrong

About last Monday's poor run being due to diet rather than recovery.
Interesting, though, that my first analysis was that it was a recovery
issue.

The reason I have concluded that it is a recovery issue is that the same
thing happened this week: a bad run, running out of steam on Monday,
followed by a very good run on Tuesday. But this week, I made sure that
I ate right every day.

-- Michelle

--
13.1 Because I can
Old September 22nd 08, 04:54 PM posted to rec.running
Michelle

In article
,
Rob wrote:

While I am sure you are "right", there is a chance you did not eat
enough to facilitate optimal recovery from your long run. When my
training gets up to the longer distances (long runs of 16-20 and up),
I find that my fuel needs are MUCH higher than at other times.

Understood, and I have been eating more because a friend told me the
same thing that you did.

I'll be going out on today's run shortly, after giving breakfast a bit
of time to digest. I did 20 on Saturday, so this should be a good test.

--
13.1 Because I can