eating junk food to increase calorie intake

Old August 26th 03, 08:17 AM
Spammers_Should_Be_Shot

Default eating junk food to increase calorie intake

"SK" wrote in message
m...
I am trying to add muscle to my body but have an extremely fast
metabolism. I have reached the peak of what i am able to eat on a
daily basis of a low fat low sugar and high carb and high protein
diet. I know that my current plateau is because I need to add another
500 calories to my daily intake. As long as Im eating my required
protein and carbs is it an acceptable strategy to add to my diet some
high calorie junk food to provide my body the extra fuel it needs. I
cannot force feed myself any more "good" food on a daily basis and the
junk food in addition to the good food is the only way I can think of
to substanstially increase my calorie intake. I am already drinkink
protein shakes on a daily basis so this is not an option

Steve

How come you can't "force feed" yourself good food but you can junk food?

I have a problem eating enough in a day and forcing it wasn't going to be
pleasant (regardless of the nutritional value, I was already stuffing
myself). I find it easier to drink than eat so I take 1 protein shake and 1
weight gain shake each day. All I did was replace 2 drinks (say soda or
coffee) with a high calorie weight gain shake. My total food/liquid volume
is roughly the same but the nutritional value is much higher. Maybe that'd
work for you too?

Michael

Old August 28th 03, 04:42 AM
Steve Freides

Dude, if you're not getting enough calories and you want some junk, eat
some junk. I'm skinny and I eat tons of junk in addition to my daily
protein shake and lots of good food. No problem at all. If you start
getting fat, cut back - it's really that simple. If you need calories,
get them however you can. People survived for a long time eating
whatever they could find, which is to say that you can survive on lots
of carbs and little else, lots of fat and little else, or lots of
protein and little else, so who cares all that much? Eat enough of all
three then fill up with whatever you like.

-S-

Old August 28th 03, 05:02 AM
Bob Garrison

"Steve Freides" wrote in message
Dude, if you're not getting enough calories and you want some junk, eat
some junk. I'm skinny and I eat tons of junk in addition to my daily
protein shake and lots of good food. No problem at all. If you start
getting fat, cut back - it's really that simple. If you need calories,
get them however you can. People survived for a long time eating
whatever they could find, which is to say that you can survive on lots
of carbs and little else, lots of fat and little else, or lots of
protein and little else, so who cares all that much? Eat enough of all
three then fill up with whatever you like.

-S-

Yeah right. Great advice if you are looking to shorten your life.

Old August 28th 03, 05:47 AM
Steve Freides

Bob Garrison wrote:

"Steve Freides" wrote in message
Dude, if you're not getting enough calories and you want some junk, eat
some junk. I'm skinny and I eat tons of junk in addition to my daily
protein shake and lots of good food. No problem at all. If you start
getting fat, cut back - it's really that simple. If you need calories,
get them however you can. People survived for a long time eating
whatever they could find, which is to say that you can survive on lots
of carbs and little else, lots of fat and little else, or lots of
protein and little else, so who cares all that much? Eat enough of all
three then fill up with whatever you like.

-S-

Yeah right. Great advice if you are looking to shorten your life.

Nonsense, Bob. We each need to learn to listen to our bodies and eat
what works for us. I'm as healthy as they get, with low cholesterol and
whatever other measure you'd like to take of me. My body processes junk
food just fine. I don't bing out on it every day but, when I'm hungry
after I've eaten a good dinner, I have no problem putting away a half a
cake for dessert, or several candy bars, or a quart of ice cream, or
whatever else. The important thing is to learn to eat mindfully. When
I was younger, I ate a lot more sweets than I do today.

-S-

Low carb diets Weights 194 January 9th 04 12:15 AM
Stretching before Workout PageWithStuff.com Weights 19 December 10th 03 04:39 AM
starve vs eating junk jeff Weights 31 September 19th 03 05:46 AM
Build Muscle and Loose Fat FA Weights 162 August 5th 03 03:02 AM
Carbohydrates and Body Fat ?awB%vgyOV Fred Jones General 0 July 23rd 03 12:38 AM