Does eating red meat increase our height/muscle mass?

Old December 22nd 07, 07:29 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights, bionet.general, sci.med, sci.archaeology,soc.culture.indian
Kaleidoscopic Perspectives

Default Does eating red meat increase our height/muscle mass?

I noticed that populations which eat more red meat tends to be taller
than those populations that don't eat much red meat. For example, I
noticed that between Indians and Pakistanis, Indians eat less red
meat, and more chicken and fish. Pakistanis, OTOH, consume a lot more
red meat in the form of goat, lamb, and beef. As a result, the Pakis
are quite a bit taller and more robustly built.

Another example are the Balkan peoples - Bosnian, Croats, and
Serbian. Balkans are one of the tallest people in the world, and one
Serbian professor told me that this is the result of eating a lot of
red meat such as lamb.

I noticed that populations that eat lots of fish aren't neccessarily
taller, so this eliminated the notion that protein makes us taller.
It seems that all proteins are not the same, and that some proteins
make us taller (from red meats) than others (from lentils and fish).
Notice that Bangladeshis and Vietnamese aren't neccessarily taller.

Also, my opinion is that dairy products has a role in increasing the
height/weight of people, and the relation is positive (more dairy =
more height/build).

I realize that, in general, wealthier societies and people are taller
and better built. Morover, according to auxology, height is a very
plastic variable, and it's dependent on many things - i.e. family
size, child hood health care, DIET, stress levels, etc.
Old December 22nd 07, 07:47 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights, bionet.general, sci.med, sci.archaeology,soc.culture.indian
[email protected]

On Dec 22, 12:29 pm, Kaleidoscopic Perspectives
wrote:
[...]

If any kind of meat eating can improve height or weight or strength,
chinese and Japanese would be the tallest guys. The entire premise is
false propaganda.
Old December 22nd 07, 08:38 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights, bionet.general, sci.med, sci.archaeology,soc.culture.indian
Jack Linthicum

On Dec 22, 1:29 pm, Kaleidoscopic Perspectives
wrote:
[...]

High susceptability to colon cancer
Old December 22nd 07, 11:13 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights, bionet.general, sci.med, sci.archaeology,soc.culture.indian
[email protected]

On Dec 22, 11:29*pm, Kaleidoscopic Perspectives
wrote:
[...]

I see no connection,the Eskimos ear red meat in the form of
seals,pakis don't eat red meat,its kebab's,biryani,mostly fried
stuff.....but of course there is nothing like a beef supreme steak,now
red meat,with then excessive growth hormones,steroids they pump into
them,so they gain bulk quickly, be ready for heart problems,tape
worms,mad-cow disease,some guyz are prone to develop breasts,so just
check out vogue catalogs,for a pair of la-Perla with appropriate cup
size and,cross strapped suspenders, over growing facial hair etc....

.you don't get it with moderate am out of beef,but a diet with
excessive red meat,and you better be ready.....of course beef and
protein go hand in hand...a balanced diet,with greens,fruits,fish
meat,egg and milk,and hit the gym regularly, it will take you a long
way, sans breasts etc.
Old December 22nd 07, 11:31 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights, bionet.general, sci.med, sci.archaeology,sci.med.nutrition
Prisoner at War

wrote:
I noticed that populations which eat more red meat tends to be taller
than those populations that don't eat much red meat. For example, I
noticed that between Indians and Pakistanis, Indians eat less red
meat, and more chicken and fish. Pakistanis, OTOH, consume a lot more
red meat in the form of goat, lamb, and beef. As a result, the Pakis
are quite a bit taller and more robustly built.

Well, many Indians are of original, Dravidian stock, from the south,
very dark and quite short.

Another example are the Balkan peoples - Bosnian, Croats, and
Serbian. Balkans are one of the tallest people in the world, and one
Serbian professor told me that this is the result of eating a lot of
red meat such as lamb.

I don't know what's "tall"...6 feet seems normal to me...I'm 5'11"
myself....

I noticed that populations that eat lots of fish aren't neccessarily
taller, so this eliminated the notion that protein makes us taller.
It seems that all proteins are not the same, and that some proteins
make us taller (from red meats) than others (from lentils and fish).
Notice that Bangladeshis and Vietnamese aren't neccessarily taller.

Also, my opinion is that dairy products has a role in increasing the
height/weight of people, and the relation is positive (more dairy =
more height/build).

I think you're probably right about all that.

I realize that, in general, wealthier societies and people are taller
and better built. Morover, according to auxology, height is a very
plastic variable, and it's dependent on many things - i.e. family
size, child hood health care, DIET, stress levels, etc.

Yes, I don't think folks have quite figured this one out just yet.
Old December 22nd 07, 11:35 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights, bionet.general, sci.med, sci.archaeology,soc.culture.indian
Prisoner at War

On Dec 22, 1:47 pm, wrote:

If any kind of meat eating can improve height or weight or strength,
chinese and Japanese would be the tallest guys.

What?? They only have recently started lots of meat-eating (not to
mention consuming fats).

The Chinese, numbering over a billion, would, statistically speaking,
include the widest spectrum of heights, which is why you have very
tall Chinese and very short ones. The belief among the Chinese
themselves is that those from the south tend to be short but clever,
while northerners are taller and more taciturn.

The entire premise is
false propaganda.

It's an old belief...but evolutionary theorists do believe that meat-
eating is what allowed for bigger brains.
Old December 23rd 07, 07:22 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights, bionet.general, sci.med, sci.archaeology,soc.culture.indian
[email protected]

On Dec 23, 8:05*am, spodosaurus wrote:
wrote:
but of course there is nothing like a beef supreme steak,now
red meat,with then excessive growth hormones,steroids they pump into
them,so they gain bulk quickly,

Apparently you're lacking a bit of the biochemistry involved in actually
getting significant amounts into the consumer...

If you got the specifics so correctly,go right ahead man,red meat is
for you then,grill em in.

be ready for heart problems,

Or not.

why not,you like clogged arteries..good for you.

tape
worms,

Like you?

Good for you,makin a effort writing to them.

mad-cow disease,

Personal experience?

Thats how you concurred Reading my post....how clever

some guyz are prone to develop breasts,

Jealous? You still only a b-cup?

Should i,just profile yourself in front of a mirror...then we will get
to the jealousy part ya.

so just
check out vogue catalogs,for a pair of la-Perla with appropriate cup
size and,cross strapped suspenders, over growing facial hair etc....

Still can't get more than peach fuzz on your upper lip, eh?

you haven't got a clue,have you Dumbo.
Old December 23rd 07, 08:07 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Curt

On Dec 22, 10:05 pm, spodosaurus wrote:
wrote:

[...]

red meat,snip
some guyz are prone to develop breasts,

Jealous? You still only a b-cup?

Will Brink, welcome back.

--
Curt
Old December 23rd 07, 12:26 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"Curt" wrote in message
On Dec 22, 10:05 pm, spodosaurus wrote:
wrote:

[...]

red meat,snip
some guyz are prone to develop breasts,

Jealous? You still only a b-cup?

Will Brink, welcome back.

What do they say about 'be careful what you wish for?'
--
Curt