Exercycle vs. treadmill?

Old January 4th 04, 05:09 PM
Beowulf

Default Exercycle vs. treadmill?

What do you all find has worked best for weight loss, treadmill or
exercycle? I gotta get back into wt loss, and during cold winter months I
just can not get motivated to exercise outdoors or even drive to the gym.
I live in nothern minnesota -- very cold for several months. I figure I
can exercise while watching a movie-- but treadmill or exercycle?
Exercycle takes less concentration (won't trip and fall off like a
treadmill when watching a movie), but I suppose treadmill burns more cals?
Of course when weather warms, I love walking and hiking and
biking outdoors. Thoughts? Advice?
Old January 5th 04, 11:40 PM
Ani

Hi Beowulf

It's best if you combine both if you have both options at home,
because while the bike is brill for the lower body it leaves the upper
body stationnary.
The treadmill, however, will give you a better full body cardio
experience. I'd go for the treadmill as it burns more calories aswell
as allowing you for various interval training techniques and hence a
bit of variety.

Which Treadmill? Less Paul Aerobic 2 December 18th 03 10:34 PM
treadmill + elliptical or rowing machine??? Amy Fong Aerobic 14 December 12th 03 09:53 PM
Reebok TR3 treadmill steve marchant Aerobic 5 December 9th 03 10:46 PM
Looking for Treadmill Recommendations (Australia) Paul Walker Aerobic 11 December 3rd 03 09:05 AM
Treadmill and computer [email protected] Aerobic 4 October 21st 03 03:44 PM