Car parking charge at Edale?

Old June 28th 10, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Gordon[_5_]

Default Car parking charge at Edale?

Can anyone tell me if there's a charge for the car park at grid 124853?

Ta!
Old June 28th 10, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Nigel Cliffe[_3_]

Gordon wrote:
Can anyone tell me if there's a charge for the car park at grid
124853?

I'm finding Streetmap is hopeless with grid refs (or I can't work it!).
However:

Carpark in Edale Village near the railway station has a charge. High Peak
Borough website says 5/day.
Carpark 1.3km WSW on minor road which leads to Upper Booth is free.

I was in the area about a week ago.

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

Old June 28th 10, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Chris Gilbert[_4_]

As Nigel says; Yes.

Very popular car park. You're wise to get there early if that's
really where you want to be.

Chris

Old June 28th 10, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Gordon[_5_]

On 28/06/2010 15:54, Chris Gilbert wrote:
As Nigel says; Yes.

Very popular car park. You're wise to get there early if that's
really where you want to be.

Chris

10 ish, wednesday? Would it be OK then?
Old June 28th 10, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Chris Gilbert[_4_]

10 ish, wednesday? Would it be OK then?

Outside the holidays, yes, probably but it will be by no
means empty ! :-D

Old June 28th 10, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Chris Gilbert[_4_]

Ted wrote

But as has been mentioned there is free parking past the railway
bridge on the single track road to Upper Booth is free, and there are
paths from there to Edale, Chapel Gate, Jacobs Ladder etc. Must be
space for 30 cars, a few weeks I got there c. 11:00 on a Tuesday and
there was plenty of space.

I agree with Ted. I don't park in Edale these days. I use the parking
space at Upper Booth. It's still full on the weekends, mind.

Chris

Old June 28th 10, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Simon Challands

In message
"Chris Gilbert" wrote:

10 ish, wednesday? Would it be OK then?

Outside the holidays, yes, probably but it will be by no
means empty ! :-D

Was pretty empty on Sunday, but that could be because I'd got the
football times muddled up (doesn't sound like I missed anything). The
Pay and Display machines have gone to be replaced by someone sitting
in a booth but they still won't accept notes (cite some probably
non-existant "security" issues), which is rather ludicrous for a 5
charge. If you are going to use that one instead of the free one then
I think it's free after 6, so you can get away without an all day fee
if you start late enough. There's enough daylight at this time of year
to get a good walk starting at 4ish, with the additional plus that
it's usually much quieter by then.

--
Simon Challands
Old June 30th 10, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Gordon[_5_]

"Chris Gilbert" wrote in message
o.uk...
Ted wrote

But as has been mentioned there is free parking past the railway
bridge on the single track road to Upper Booth is free, and there are
paths from there to Edale, Chapel Gate, Jacobs Ladder etc. Must be
space for 30 cars, a few weeks I got there c. 11:00 on a Tuesday and
there was plenty of space.

I agree with Ted. I don't park in Edale these days. I use the parking
space at Upper Booth. It's still full on the weekends, mind.

Chris

Parked today at the Parish Council car park next to the railway station.
Only one other car in it, should have been a charge of 4, but no attendant,
no honesty box.
They obviously only man it at weekends and bank holidays....

Old June 30th 10, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Chris Gilbert[_4_]

Gordon wrote

Parked today at the Parish Council car park next to the railway station.
Only one other car in it

Well, I did say you wouldn't be alone :-D

But did you have a good walk ?

Old July 1st 10, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Gordon[_5_]

"Chris Gilbert" wrote in message
.. .

But did you have a good walk ?

Superb. Must have been the second hottest day of the year!
I'm in the process of posting photos on my Skydrive...

Edale Booths Walk Gwyn Walking in the UK 2 March 21st 09 07:59 PM
TR: An Edale Visit sandy saunders Walking in the UK 1 May 17th 08 12:04 PM
Edale routes? Dan Walking in the UK 6 August 2nd 06 08:56 PM
Look Younger at No Charge weblord Weights 0 December 28th 04 06:41 AM
Edale Campsite Andy Howell Walking in the UK 11 October 18th 04 11:27 PM