seeking opinions - who'd be fitter??????

Old July 7th 03, 07:16 AM
daisho

Default seeking opinions - who'd be fitter??????

"muggins" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking for some help to settle an argument- considered opinions
would be most welcome.

Who'd be fittest (by this I mean purely CV/stamina based, not
strength, agility etc) and WHY?

1. A professional tennis player (ie tim henman)

2. A professional boxer (ie lennox lewis)

3. A professional "midfielder" footballer (ie Patrick Viera)

They did a small 'all round fitness test' once here in Australia, and the
Australian Rules players were by far the fittest. League players had
strength over them, others had endurance, but the Aussie Rules players came
out at about 75% of the maximum in all areas, which as an average was head
and shoulders above the rest.

Ian