Tricreatine Malate - opinions sought please

Old December 16th 04, 11:24 AM
Mike Hunt

Default Tricreatine Malate - opinions sought please

just had someone ask me about Tricreatine Malate, (actually they
specifically asked me about something called "San V12 Turbo"!) had a quick
look and I am none the wiser. This is way outside my field so I have no idea
about this stuff.

I know that creatine has many benefits for athletes, but does Tricreatine
Malate have any benefits over regular creatine? my gut feeling is that
anytime they feel the need to add things like V12 and turbo, that it is a
con. However, I feel a duty to give a more educated answer to the person who
asked me.

I have looked around google but all the references that I find for
Tricreatine Malate point to shops trying to sell it to me, which I don't
really count as scientific.

so can anyone enlighten me about this stuff please?

Old December 16th 04, 04:38 PM
Lyle McDonald

Mike Hunt wrote:
just had someone ask me about Tricreatine Malate, (actually they
specifically asked me about something called "San V12 Turbo"!) had a quick
look and I am none the wiser. This is way outside my field so I have no idea
about this stuff.

I know that creatine has many benefits for athletes, but does Tricreatine
Malate have any benefits over regular creatine? my gut feeling is that
anytime they feel the need to add things like V12 and turbo, that it is a
con. However, I feel a duty to give a more educated answer to the person who
asked me.

I have looked around google but all the references that I find for
Tricreatine Malate point to shops trying to sell it to me, which I don't
really count as scientific.

so can anyone enlighten me about this stuff please?

A medline search on the term 'tricreatine malate' turns up nothing.
A search on creatine malate turns up 19 pages, n one of which appear to
have to do with supplementation of oral creatine malate.

My conclusion: marketing crapola to try and make a 'new' form of
creatine b/c selling state creatine monohydrate can't possibly be
profitable anymore.

Lyle

Old December 16th 04, 06:46 PM
Proton Soup

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:24:34 GMT, "Mike Hunt"
wrote:

just had someone ask me about Tricreatine Malate, (actually they
specifically asked me about something called "San V12 Turbo"!) had a quick
look and I am none the wiser. This is way outside my field so I have no idea
about this stuff.

I know that creatine has many benefits for athletes, but does Tricreatine
Malate have any benefits over regular creatine? my gut feeling is that
anytime they feel the need to add things like V12 and turbo, that it is a
con. However, I feel a duty to give a more educated answer to the person who
asked me.

I have looked around google but all the references that I find for
Tricreatine Malate point to shops trying to sell it to me, which I don't
really count as scientific.

so can anyone enlighten me about this stuff please?

I'm getting a boner just at the thought of driving a V12 with twin
turbos. VRRROOOMMM!

-----------
Proton Soup

"Thanks for noticing that I didn't actually say anything." - Mike Lane
Old December 17th 04, 02:26 AM
ToTheAce

just had someone ask me about Tricreatine Malate, (actually they
specifically asked me about something called "San V12 Turbo"!) had a quick
look and I am none the wiser. This is way outside my field so I have no idea
about this stuff.

I know that creatine has many benefits for athletes, but does Tricreatine
Malate have any benefits over regular creatine? my gut feeling is that
anytime they feel the need to add things like V12 and turbo, that it is a
con. However, I feel a duty to give a more educated answer to the person who
asked me.

I have looked around google but all the references that I find for
Tricreatine Malate point to shops trying to sell it to me, which I don't
really count as scientific.

so can anyone enlighten me about this stuff please?

I am just guessing that the malate might be from malic acid. It's supposed to

be an energy booster and it's made from apples. Might be a good transport for
the creatine too I would think.
Dawson

Old December 17th 04, 01:31 PM
Mike Hunt

"Lyle McDonald" wrote in message
Mike Hunt wrote:
[...]

that's my conclusion as well, I have advised him to just buy some regular
creatine. my understanding is that once you have saturated the muscles that
nothing is going to increase the amount in there.

thanks for your response.

Old December 17th 04, 01:32 PM
Mike Hunt

"ToTheAce" wrote in message

[...]

do you know of any studies or examples of research that show this?

Old December 17th 04, 05:36 PM
David Cohen

"Mike Hunt" wrote
"ToTheAce" wrote

I am just guessing that the malate might be from malic acid. It's
supposed to
be an energy booster and it's made from apples. Might be a good transport
for
the creatine too I would think.

do you know of any studies or examples of research that show this?

You're kidding, Mike, right? "Guessing", "might", "supposed", "might" again,
and, the topper, "I would think". Please refer to the AOL Dictionary for the
cumulative meaning: "I don't have a clue what I'm talking about".