More then 2 lb a week?

Old July 11th 03, 09:12 AM
YYZ

Default More then 2 lb a week?

Tim Harrington wrote:

Hi,

I've been reading up and looking into ways in which to lose weight and
tone up.

tone up? - fyi: dump that useless phrase - any "tone" already exists

I've come across a few different articles however in which both state
that a loss of more then 1-2lb a week will result in muscle loss. i.e.
any weight loss over 1-2lb a week will be muscle and not fat.

you shall lose muscle also _unless_ you work (hard) to retain/build ...

Is this true and correct?

I'm around 6ft 1" tall and weight about 13-13,5 stone now and would like
to lose weight/fat and basically get rid of the spare tyre I have around
my stomach.

spot reduction(s) = marketing myth(s)

is 189 heavy for 6'1"? anybody? a flabby 189 vs a muscular 189, fwiw.

At present I'm a size 33-34" waist (UK) and have quite a bit
of fat around my legs/stomach but very little, if any, around my
arms/chest. I had decided on cutting all the crap I eat and late-night
foods I'd eat on a day to day basis to help me and generally eat healthy.
I had also decided to start an exercise routine I'd follow every day

incorporate "pushaways" into your daily routine, commencing immediately.

at
the park (which I'll now do first thing in the morning instead of 6pm) in
which I'd run three miles, walk three miles and do a few sit ups down the
park every day and free weights at home a couple of times a week.

the last mentioned being of high value; a _real_ routine, every 2nd day.

The thing is, after reading your article I'm a bit worried I may end up
losing more then 1-2 pound a week and in fact have in the past by doing
less exercise then what I plan to.

oh? how? probably because you were virtually starving your body; dumb!

if losing more than that 1 or 2 per consistently, you need to eat more.

Is this dangerous then? I can't understand how it'd affect my muscles if
I'm losing most of my weight through aerobic exercise?

are you certain of that last statement? more balanced insight warranted.

Is there any way around this? Am I only losing muscle after the 1-2
pounds a week?

That's quite worrying as you can probably imagine.

dither, dather ... fine, do nothing. / is that what you wish to hear?

I hope you understand my concerns and answer all the questions I've asked
(I know there's a few)

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

let's see? you've been: reading; studying; worrying; and doing NOTHING!

Tim

any help? good! then point your newsreader to - misc.fitness.weights -

read ... study ... learn ... do! - a rather important part of the game.

cheers!
--
arrau gilels gould richter

Newbie Veronica Aerobic 6 February 16th 04 08:55 PM
Diet of the Week: The Fibonacci Diet Isiafs5 Aerobic 2 February 9th 04 02:09 AM
This week in TalkOnDiabetes.net Spn2k Aerobic 0 October 12th 03 08:05 PM
Earn $500 to $700 per Week Downloading FREE Software Cash Cow Aerobic 0 August 16th 03 04:19 AM
No more than 2lb a week? Vincent D'Amato Aerobic 2 July 2nd 03 03:04 PM