Mini Marathon ? newbie.

Old January 11th 04, 10:07 AM
Moon Dog

Default Mini Marathon ? newbie.

I have been running at the Y for about six months. I run 3miles a day
four to five days a week. A friend has as me if I would like to train
for a mini marathon in May. He said with me running12-15 miles a week
now I could be able to do the miniin may. If I trained...I am 50 years
old and just running for about 7 months....I told him I may run a 5K,
but the mini may be to much for me.....Any comments.....thank you.

Old January 11th 04, 01:57 PM
Doug Freese

Moon Dog wrote:

I have been running at the Y for about six months. I run 3miles a day
four to five days a week. A friend has as me if I would like to train
for a mini marathon in May.

What pray tell in miles or Km's is a "mini marathon." The term is
similar to "a little pregnant."

--
Doug Freese
"Caveat Lector"

Old January 11th 04, 02:22 PM
Bob Garrison

"Doug Freese" wrote in message

Moon Dog wrote:

I have been running at the Y for about six months. I run 3miles a day
four to five days a week. A friend has as me if I would like to train
for a mini marathon in May.

What pray tell in miles or Km's is a "mini marathon." The term is
similar to "a little pregnant."

--

I think it's a marathon for midgets.

Old January 11th 04, 03:12 PM
Fountainhead

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:57:26 GMT, Doug Freese
wrote:

Moon Dog wrote:

I have been running at the Y for about six months. I run 3miles a day
four to five days a week. A friend has as me if I would like to train
for a mini marathon in May.

What pray tell in miles or Km's is a "mini marathon." The term is
similar to "a little pregnant."

If he's calling it a mini-marathon, and it is in May...my guess is
that he's talking about the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon in
Indianapolis. It's a half-marathon. But I've been wrong before...

-Fountainhead

Old January 11th 04, 04:26 PM
Doug Freese

Fountainhead wrote:

If he's calling it a mini-marathon, and it is in May...my guess is
that he's talking about the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon in
Indianapolis. It's a half-marathon. But I've been wrong before...

One of scads. If you run mini marathon through a search engine there
are hundreds of web pages of this ludicrous term. I guess the mini
marathon 50 yard dash has more pizzazz then just a 50 yard dash.

--
Doug Freese
"Caveat Lector"

Old January 11th 04, 05:10 PM
Harold Buck

wrote:

Moon Dog wrote:

I have been running at the Y for about six months. I run 3miles a day
four to five days a week. A friend has as me if I would like to train
for a mini marathon in May.

What pray tell in miles or Km's is a "mini marathon." The term is
similar to "a little pregnant."

If he's calling it a mini-marathon, and it is in May...my guess is
that he's talking about the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon in
Indianapolis. It's a half-marathon. But I've been wrong before...

You are likely correct. And if he isn't signed up yet, he's not doing
it, since it filled up to the 25,000 runner limit. Then they added 5,000
slots and they sold out in 24 hours.

--Harold Buck

"I used to rock and roll all night,
and party every day.
Then it was every other day. . . ."
-Homer J. Simpson
Old January 11th 04, 05:36 PM
dino quinn

You could run in a short dress!

Old January 11th 04, 06:21 PM
Fountainhead

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 11:10:13 -0500, Harold Buck
wrote:

In article ,
Fountainhead wrote:

If he's calling it a mini-marathon, and it is in May...my guess is
that he's talking about the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon in
Indianapolis. It's a half-marathon. But I've been wrong before...

You are likely correct. And if he isn't signed up yet, he's not doing
it, since it filled up to the 25,000 runner limit. Then they added 5,000
slots and they sold out in 24 hours.

--Harold Buck

Too bad for him, I guess. I'm actually entered in this race, but
likely won't be ready able to run. My shins have kept me from keeping
pace with my intended preparation. I haven't given up yet, but it
certainly doesn't look very promising.

-Fountainhead

Old January 11th 04, 08:29 PM
Harold Buck

In article ,
Fountainhead wrote:

Too bad for him, I guess. I'm actually entered in this race, but
likely won't be ready able to run. My shins have kept me from keeping
pace with my intended preparation. I haven't given up yet, but it
certainly doesn't look very promising.

I wanted to do it as well, but my 20-year HS reunion is that weekend, so
I decided to pass. I'll do it next year.

Old January 11th 04, 10:46 PM
Leo

They open registration the day after the race.
I'll be running (plodding) my 6th or 7th this year.
It's a hoot.
Maybe we will see you in '05, Harold.