Olympus Tough Camera

Old May 16th 09, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
John[_8_]

Default Olympus Tough Camera

Does anyone use one of the Olympus Tough cameras when out on the hills? They
get good reviews. Care to share any pictures taken with one?

Thank you.
Old May 16th 09, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Chris Lawrence[_2_]

John wrote:
Does anyone use one of the Olympus Tough cameras when out on the hills? They
get good reviews. Care to share any pictures taken with one?

Fotopic.net lets you search galleries by camera model. This page shows
all the Olympus cameras used in galleries - if you can see a tough
camera in the list, click it to see the photos.

http://community.fotopic.net/equipment/olympus/

Chris
Old May 16th 09, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
John[_8_]

Thanks Chris, nothing there unfortunately.
Old May 18th 09, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Peter Clinch

John wrote:
Does anyone use one of the Olympus Tough cameras when out on the hills? They
get good reviews. Care to share any pictures taken with one?

Well, I can, but on a web page they'll be low res and not much like the
"real thing", so you don't really get to see a useful measure of
quality. Email me if you'd like a rather big picture or two (jpgs at
about 1.2 Mb each), though remember that the person taking the picture
will affect the outcome as well as the camera, and my pictures are
really snaps as opposed to the art you'll get from Phil, Paul etc.

But speaking as a casual photographer I can say I've been very pleased
with the Mju 720 SW I've had for about 3 years now. It really is
waterproof (taken underwater video with it at kayak club pool sessions)
though I've never gone out of my way to test the shock-proofing: that'd
be asking for trouble.

Only thing I've ever found wanting in it is lack of a separate
viewfinder and it can be a bit of a game seeing the screen well in
bright sun, but then again no viewfinder keeps it more compact, which is
more important to me.

It's easy to use, is small and light and it works. Keep the flash off
and the batteries last well too.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old May 18th 09, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Mike Clark

In message you wrote:

Thanks Chris, nothing there unfortunately.

I've got some photo's taken with my mju 1030 SW available in the
galleries on http://www.ukclimbing.com/ see user "campathmike".

Alternatively I've got a limited selection of some others on picasaweb

http://picasaweb.google.com/mrc7cam

Mike
--
o/ \\ // |\ ,_ o Mike Clark
\__,\\ // __o | \ / /\, "A mountain climbing, cycling, skiing,

Just bought an Olympus E3! Jim Ford Walking in the UK 15 December 18th 07 07:06 PM
Mt Olympus Richard Phillips Walking in the UK 10 January 15th 07 08:52 PM
Tough Tom Anderson Weights 6 October 17th 06 09:36 PM
How tough is it getting? [email protected] Swimming 0 October 27th 04 04:15 AM
Camera: Nikon D2DH - for camera techies! Andy Howell Walking in the UK 28 October 18th 04 03:17 PM