Langsett Barn '09

Old May 30th 09, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Gwyn

Default Langsett Barn '09

Today I went to langsett barn to walk around the reservoir
lovely day and because I was inland I didn't catch the wind.

The photo's are here
http://picasaweb.google.com/gwyndewey/LangsettBarn09

Getting to grips with my new etrex gps I accidentaly turned it on and
recorded 27 miles of journey but I saved a track and I like the way it
lets you edit the start and the end points v useful when the above
happened.

Now I have it auto saving trip to the card but this time it lost
signal in the middle of the walk and saved 2 tracks.

Does anyone know of a special program that will stitch the gpx tracks
together to make one continous track.
--
Gwyn.
Remove rem if replying
Old May 30th 09, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Phil Cook[_2_]

Gwyn wrote:

Today I went to langsett barn to walk around the reservoir
lovely day and because I was inland I didn't catch the wind.

The photo's are here
http://picasaweb.google.com/gwyndewey/LangsettBarn09

Getting to grips with my new etrex gps I accidentaly turned it on and
recorded 27 miles of journey but I saved a track and I like the way it
lets you edit the start and the end points v useful when the above
happened.

Now I have it auto saving trip to the card but this time it lost
signal in the middle of the walk and saved 2 tracks.

Does anyone know of a special program that will stitch the gpx tracks
together to make one continous track.

Any text editor.

open your GPX file in text pad, notepad, word, whatever.

It will look something like this but with rather more points.

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?
gpx xmlns=...snip long line of guff about Garmin's GPX...
trk
nameACTIVE LOG134939/name
trkseg
trkpt lat="53.320282" lon="-1.354295"
ele167.597/ele
time2008-02-22T13:49:39Z/time
/trkpt
/trkseg
/trk
trk
nameACTIVE LOG135412/name
trkseg
trkpt lat="53.320077" lon="-1.354172"
ele116.250/ele
time2008-02-22T13:54:10Z/time
/trkpt
trkpt lat="53.320044" lon="-1.354217"
ele111.715/ele
time2008-02-22T13:56:31Z/time
/trkpt
trkpt lat="53.320061" lon="-1.354173"
ele109.279/ele
time2008-02-22T13:57:55Z/time
/trkpt
trkpt lat="53.320035" lon="-1.354213"
ele116.781/ele
time2008-02-22T13:58:09Z/time
/trkpt
/trkseg
/trk
/gpx

To join two tracks together delete this bit

/trk
trk
nameACTIVE LOG135412/name

To join two track segments together delete the flags denoting the end
and beginning of the two segments.

/trkseg
trkseg

When you have done save it with a different file name just in case you
make a mess of it. I usually add a letter to the name just before the
dot so I get 20080222.gpx and 20080222a .gpx which sort next to each
other in file browsers.
--
Phil Cook, last hill: Sgurr na Banachdich
http://www.therewaslight.co.uk