This morning...

Old July 8th 04, 02:26 PM
np426z

Default This morning...

....I headed off to Hillend dry ski slope with the babies, intent on
improving our rather rusty snowboard technique. Instead - somehow - we
ended up at IKEA, buying baby a computer desk for his room (and stuffing our
faces with cakes in the cafeteria).

Trying to fit a flat-packed computer desk into a Golf (yes, I've changed
cars again...) complete with one adult, two babies, three sets of
snowboarding gear and mounds of smelly running clothes (yeah, I get changed
into dry stuff after a run and chuck the soiled gear into the back of the
car. Once a week I search out the survivors, put them in the wash, and
then repeat the process. People *never* accept the offer of a lift in my
car more than once. The VW agent performs a valet *before* the mechanics
will carry out a service. I *have* to buy a new car every year 'cause the
smell gets too bad...) proved to be quite a trial. Nevertheless, we won,
although I drove home with my neck at an angle thanks to the back of the
desk resting against my head.

Now I'm sitting surrounded by numerous pieces of wood, screws and
miscellaneous rubbish scattered all around me on the floor. WTF did I buy
this monstrosity? I'm no handyman - in fact I'd gladly pay someone to sort
the mess out, but baby seems to have an unshakeable belief that think I can
assemble the thing and I'm loathe to disappoint him. I told him I had to
email someone to give my time to work out how to assemble the beast. HELP
ME, OH GOD OF IKEA. TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

Adding to my woes is the fact that I think I put two cd's - Lost Prophets
'Start Something' and Linkin Parks 'Meteora' - on the roof of the car in
IKEA's car park when I was trying to stuff everything in the car, and drove
off without remembering. Damn and blast, it's turning into and expensive
day and it's only 1:16 pm. No doubt the goats in the field next door are,
as I type, busily plotting to ambush me and eat my shorts after mugging me
with their evil cloven hooves. Yeah - the *******s are looking at me and
smirking!

Where are the green-eyed foreign babes when you need them the most?

Old July 8th 04, 03:23 PM
Tim Downie

"np426z" wrote in message news:ccjeh1$dd0

Now I'm sitting surrounded by numerous pieces of wood, screws and
miscellaneous rubbish scattered all around me on the floor. WTF did I

buy
this monstrosity? I'm no handyman - in fact I'd gladly pay someone to

sort
the mess out, but baby seems to have an unshakeable belief that think I

can
assemble the thing and I'm loathe to disappoint him. I told him I had to
email someone to give my time to work out how to assemble the beast. HELP
ME, OH GOD OF IKEA. TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

Oh don't be such a wuss. Flat-pack is *easy*. All except the most retarded
can do it with their eys closed. *I* can do it. That should give you some
indication of how easy it is.

Personally, I'd much rather be assembling flat-pack furniture than
languishing here with my guts turned to water and feeling like death warmed
up. I even managed to spike an oral temperature of 39.55C (103.2) last
night and I've got 3 dogs looking at me accusingly waiting for their
walkies. The only running I'm doing is to the toilet.

Where are the green-eyed foreign babes when you need them the most?

In your dreams, as ever.;-)

Happy screwing.

Tim
[who's feeling *exceedingly* fed up]

Old July 8th 04, 08:27 PM
np426z

"Tim Downie" wrote in message

Oh don't be such a wuss. Flat-pack is *easy*. All except the most

retarded
can do it with their eys closed. *I* can do it. That should give you

some
indication of how easy it is.

I've failed. Miserably. I think I need a more advanced toolkit. Well,
either that or a brain that can translate from two to three dimensions
rather more efficiently that the one I possess.

Personally, I'd much rather be assembling flat-pack furniture than
languishing here with my guts turned to water and feeling like death

warmed
up. I even managed to spike an oral temperature of 39.55C (103.2) last
night and I've got 3 dogs looking at me accusingly waiting for their
walkies. The only running I'm doing is to the toilet.

I thought you'd given up the drink.

In your dreams, as ever.;-)

Yes, but they felt so real...

Happy screwing.

Why thank you, young man. (Hope you're feeling better soon. XXX)

Old July 9th 04, 03:32 AM
Dangling

"np426z" wrote in message ...
I've failed. Miserably.

A life-long issue I'm sure...

I think I need a more advanced toolkit.

Rest assured Roger, you are the biggest "tool" I ever *didn't* meet.