Bowflex Recall

Old January 29th 04, 06:16 AM
Mark Thompson

Default Bowflex Recall

I just heard on the radio that the company that makes the Bowflew
has issued a "voluntary" recall involving something like 450,000 units.
There have been over 70 injuries reported involving the Bowflex. One of
the problems mentioned is that the bench can unexpectedly collapse when
in the incline position. And there was another problem mentioned, I
think it involved the lat pulldown attachment sometimes breaking. I'm
not at all surprised, I remember several years ago when I put my ex-gf's
Bowflex together I was thinking about what a cheap piece of crap it
seemed to be (especially considering that I think she paid over $1200
for hers). The only thing that holds the bench up when you have it in
the incline position is a flimsy plastic bracket that fits against the
plastic thing holding the rods. I was always afraid to use it in the
incline position because of this. Well, anyway, so much for the Bowflew
being "safer" than using free weights ...

Old January 29th 04, 12:22 PM

"Mark Thompson" wrote in message
[...]

Haven't heard about it yet, but every virtualy every car manufacturer has
had a recall. Guess that makes them all a piece of junk and unsafe. If
this is true, at least the the Nautilus group had the balls to announce the
recall unlike Icon, the competitor who puts out even worse crap.

John

Old January 29th 04, 05:49 PM
Brux Brule

"Mark Thompson" wrote in message
I just heard on the radio that the company that makes the Bowflew
has issued a "voluntary" recall involving something like 450,000 units.

snip

Here's a clipping from the Edmonton Sun.

http://tinyurl.com/2kekc

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Brux Brule (hard core & old school)

"Quit your whining, shut up and train."

Old January 29th 04, 05:51 PM
Brux Brule

"Mark Thompson" wrote in message
I just heard on the radio that the company that makes the Bowflew
has issued a "voluntary" recall involving something like 450,000 units.

It's even on the Bowflex site:

http://tinyurl.com/2eywj

--
Brux Brule (hard core & old school)

"Quit your whining, shut up and train."

Bowflex RODS... Loose Resitance!!!! dano Weights 13 March 16th 04 06:49 AM
BOWFLEX RECALL Colin Lanktree General 2 February 4th 04 06:43 PM
The Bowflex Police Keith Hobman Weights 69 December 7th 03 09:47 PM
Bowflex questions goofything Weights 62 November 12th 03 12:57 PM
Bowflex vs Weider Home Gym Laurie Reinders General 10 July 23rd 03 06:59 PM