Anyone Care to Comment...

Old July 7th 04, 06:37 AM
John Hanson

Default Anyone Care to Comment...

....on this thread?

http://www.powerlifting.ca/cgi-bin/usapl.cgi?read=48329

Old July 7th 04, 03:47 PM
John Hanson

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 23:37:35 -0500, John Hanson
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

...on this thread?

http://www.powerlifting.ca/cgi-bin/usapl.cgi?read=48329

Well I guess I will comment then. I would think that with the results
being so different between the A and the B samples as well as both
samples being different after a retest would render the test no good.
But, I was wondering if there is any information or studies on the age
of the sample, temperatures the sample was stored at, etc. I do know
that prohomones will show up in a test as nandralone but they wont be
detected for very long like deca would be. Why do they show up as
nandralone?

I know who the lifter in question is (his name anyway. I've never met
him). Sounds like the people who know him and train with him don't
believe he is using. Having said that, they guy who told me about
this originally, says that because the lab is standing behind the
test, they have no choice but to suspend the lifter. He also says
that this nandralone problem of late never was a factor in the past
before the advent of prohormones.

Old July 7th 04, 04:22 PM
Keith Hobman

In article , John Hanson
wrote:

[...]

Couple of comments.

First, I know some people who assume if you can buy something in the local
health food store it is legal. Prohormones are steroids and will cause a
positive test. They also can have a long cleansing period. So I would ask
this guy if he had tried prohormones or other supplements.

Second, the test results are too screwed up. I don't see how Quest can
stand by their results. I would call the technical committee together and
request this test be thrown out.

I never know what to make of these cases. I have never used steroids and
so have never worried about testing. But when you read about these kinds
of cases you start to think - what if he is telling the truth? Integrity
is a huge issue to me and I can imagine how I would react if I failed a
drug test. I'd be devastated.

--
Dawn's cold kiss calls me
Forth I creep, blindly stumbling
Old July 7th 04, 05:12 PM
Proton Soup

wrote:

...on this thread?

http://www.powerlifting.ca/cgi-bin/usapl.cgi?read=48329

It does seem silly that they couldn't get written test results. Heck,
anytime you go to your doctor to get bloodwork done, the test results
come back printed with results for all tests done, and even some
helpful info on the sheet like normal ranges for each substance.

Doing it by a phone call seriously impairs the integrity of the whole
system. It adds quite a bit of deniability if your goal is commit a
fraud.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."
Old July 8th 04, 12:40 AM
Lyle McDonald

wrote:

...on this thread?

http://www.powerlifting.ca/cgi-bin/usapl.cgi?read=48329

It does seem silly that they couldn't get written test results. Heck,
anytime you go to your doctor to get bloodwork done, the test results
come back printed with results for all tests done, and even some
helpful info on the sheet like normal ranges for each substance.

Doing it by a phone call seriously impairs the integrity of the whole
system. It adds quite a bit of deniability if your goal is commit a
fraud.

It would appear that the USAPL testing program leaves much to be desired.

The bozo steve who kept repeating 'If it was positive, suspend' was a
hoot. By hoot, of course, I mean total retard.

Lyle

Old July 8th 04, 01:31 AM
Proton Soup

wrote:

...on this thread?

http://www.powerlifting.ca/cgi-bin/usapl.cgi?read=48329

It does seem silly that they couldn't get written test results. Heck,
anytime you go to your doctor to get bloodwork done, the test results
come back printed with results for all tests done, and even some
helpful info on the sheet like normal ranges for each substance.

Doing it by a phone call seriously impairs the integrity of the whole
system. It adds quite a bit of deniability if your goal is commit a
fraud.

It would appear that the USAPL testing program leaves much to be desired.

The bozo steve who kept repeating 'If it was positive, suspend' was a
hoot. By hoot, of course, I mean total retard.

There seem to be a lot of bozos named Steve.

-----------

Old July 8th 04, 05:00 AM
John Hanson

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 08:22:46 -0600, (Keith Hobman)

wrote:

[...]

This guy knows the rules. That is why he had his vitamins and protein
power tested.

Second, the test results are too screwed up. I don't see how Quest can
stand by their results. I would call the technical committee together and
request this test be thrown out.

I agree.

I never know what to make of these cases. I have never used steroids and
so have never worried about testing. But when you read about these kinds
of cases you start to think - what if he is telling the truth? Integrity
is a huge issue to me and I can imagine how I would react if I failed a
drug test. I'd be devastated.

I've been told that this was never a problem before prohormones but
I'm beginning to wonder if that isn't a coincidence. I think the
matter should be thoroughly investigated. Maybe the testing has
changed? I would look into all possible factors because there are
lots of people who are adamantly saying they are not guilty after a
positive test.

Old July 8th 04, 05:02 AM
John Hanson

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:40:43 -0500, Lyle McDonald
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

The bozo steve who kept repeating 'If it was positive, suspend' was a
hoot. By hoot, of course, I mean total retard.

Uhm, ah, I happen to know him. I do think he embarrassed himself
there a bit. BTW, his wife is totally ****ing hot.

Old July 8th 04, 02:45 PM
DanL

"John Hanson" wrote in message
On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:40:43 -0500, Lyle McDonald
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

The bozo steve who kept repeating 'If it was positive, suspend' was a
hoot. By hoot, of course, I mean total retard.

Uhm, ah, I happen to know him. I do think he embarrassed himself
there a bit. BTW, his wife is totally ****ing hot.

Ah, well, if his wife is hot, who cares if he has a closed mind on this
subject!

Old July 12th 04, 02:20 AM
John Hanson

Default Was Anyone Care to Comment...

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 23:37:35 -0500, John Hanson
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

...on this thread?

http://www.powerlifting.ca/cgi-bin/usapl.cgi?read=48329

I see he wasn't allowed to compete at Men's Open. His name isn't in
the results:

http://www.usapowerlifting.com/newsl.../mens2004.html