Couple of newbie questions on routine substitutes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 9th 03, 07:34 PM
Pheare

Default Couple of newbie questions on routine substitutes

Hey all,

I am going to be starting this routine on Sunday:

http://www.stumptuous.com/program5.html

I have the following for equipment:

- Power Rack
- Incline/flat bench
- Lat attachement for the power rack (has low pulley as well)
- 300lbs of Olympic weight and bar.
- no dumbells at this point.

I have a few questions:

- Can anyone recommend a substitue for the dip on Day 2? I am not setup
for dips.

- Also, what is the best way to do calf raises without any machines?
Maybe just a 2x6 and a barbell? Are the seated calf machines any good?
I can get one a reasonable price.

- With the back hyperextensions on Day 1 - is there a way to do
extensions without the specialized machines? If not, what would be a
good subsitute for the hyperextension? I'd like to try stay away from
the Good Morning if possible.

- The above routine only has me doing crunches on one day. Are there any
issues with doing crunches on every workout day? In the past I'd do one
set in between each exercise.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

Darren

Two newbie questions Larisa Weights 3 September 5th 03 05:53 AM
What Is This Routine Missing? A. Snow Weights 1 September 5th 03 03:10 AM
Newbie questions about sweating and drinking water while walking Uncle Peter Walking 4 August 27th 03 05:39 AM